Sunday, May 07, 2006

PreTrip Preparations

Man there’s more that goes into a trip like this than a person realizes…it costs an arm and a leg. I probably could have saved a leg or two without a new bike, but there’s no way I would have been able to travel the country on my old bike, not enough room and a much rougher ride. The Harleys have come a long way since old.

Besides the new bike there were the other major purchases; the digital camera to photo the journey so you can see the sites, a laptop to create these blogs so you can listen to me blab and the camping gear for those nights I just want to sleep under the stars, well I guess I won’t see those stars thru the top of the tent, but there’ll be nights I can sleep like the cowboys, just me and the stars. Ok, those are the major purchases, but a person can still be nickeled and dimed to death with all the small stuff that one has to get for such a trip – yep, I’m talking chrome for the bike. Why’ya think they call it HD, that’s cuz everything’s a Hundred Dollars.

Stay posted and let’s see what this country has to show us

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Webby! I'll keep checking on ya! Sorry I didn't make it to your happy hr, but if you pass back through here this summer (or anywhere close) let me know!

Andy

5/07/2006 9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Webbinator!

Drive safe Dale...

Johnny H.

5/07/2006 10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Webb-matic! Have a great time and be safe.....Looking forward to the updates on the over/under number.

Albie

5/08/2006 7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drink tonight, for tomorrow you ride.

5/08/2006 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home