Thursday, June 08, 2023

June 8 2023 Day Six

 June 8th – Hickory NC – Day 6

 

Not too often you’ll be getting a story on the day of the story, but it usually means one thing. I’m either at a bar drinking or I’ve been drinking, both are true tonight. Just got back from the local bar on the lake with Hermie, Lisa and their daughter and it was one we were going to take the boat to, especially after Hermie spent $500 to get it fixed only for it to need more fixing after putting it in the water. On the way back from the boat launch to his place the boat hit something and broke the propeller so now instead of the boat only costing him $500 to fix, it’ll be another just for the propeller. And, on top of all of that, his boat lift broke today too. We figured instead of taking a boat with a bad propeller to the Copper Penny and having the infamous third time is a charm problem, we’re better off driving. No incidents on the way there and back, so hopefully nothing before going to bed tonight.

 

Today turned out to be a really relaxing day and you couldn’t ask for better being on a lake when the weather is perfect which today was. I was planning on visiting people from Wells Fargo that I’ve worked with, but the drive with the traffic into Charlotte especially during rush hour on the bike wasn’t something I was looking forward to, and Hermie had other plans for me, yep picking up the boat being one of them. Well, it gave me the chance to get all caught up on my blogs, even with this one and while here I’ve been nothing but pampered all day with my stay. I did get to sleep in which is always a bonus after a long days ride, but once up I had a fresh strudel that Lisa made awaiting me for breakfast. You can’t beat a home made strudel for breakfast now can you. Oh and now to cut to tonight already, I’m having a homemade brownie with ice cream and Hershey’s syrup. Again, you can’t beat home-made now can you.

 

When I say today was all about relaxing that’s just what it was all about. Once I had my strudel I put together two stories for the day that now I feel a bit more caught up than I felt, getting behind. Not that I should worry about it since some of this writing may be more for me than you so I remember what’s happened, but I can usually remember my stories from my travels so maybe this is more for you than I. Well, after a couple of blogs it was already time for lunch and guess what, we had homemade spaghetti, with salad and garlic bread. I am really feeling spoiled at this point and I so much appreciate it. 

 

While waiting for the boat to get fixed I decided to get some well deserved rest and lay in the hammock for awhile and all I could think of is how lucky I am to have the kind of friends that I have. It’s not only friends, but even family and I’ll be visiting a lot of them on my travels this summer so you’ll be hearing a lot about both friends and family on these travels. 

 

Oh,  just got done getting a tour of the house and all I can say is it didn’t take over 4 years or trips for me to finally see the upstairs. That’s a whole other story with my travels to New Hampshire and how long it took before I was invited to see what the second floor looked like…how lucky for me.

 

Ok, I think I can put a stamp on today and send it away. At least another beer and then it’ll be time for me to figure out my packing for tomorrow, get up and pack the bike, take a shower and hit the road. According to Hermie leaving a little later to skip the Charlotte rush hour is better than getting an early start. Thanks much Hermie, Lisa and Ginger for putting me up for a couple of nights and again, I’m lucky to have friends like them…Thanks Much and I will be back.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home