Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Real Wasaga Beach, July 23rd

Today is a good day for church and a little R&R, since it is Sunday, but slept in and ended up missing mass that I’ll just have to settle for brunch. After the night we had last night and since I didn’t get any sleep the night before had to try and catch up, but hey, at least I’m not in jail Found out from everyone last night when I told them the story about the cops that they probably wouldn’t have don anything, especially if you told them the story cuz like they said, they’re not as bad as the cops in the states and if those cops I talked to about setting up a tent in the city park suggested one for me, I guess that probably would’ve been true, but didn’t want to find out. Pete is hard at it already firing up the grill to cook up some great Canadian bacon, pork chops and some of that thin steak that was left over from last night. What a brunch, Coleen’s special poached eggs…look at how perfect they are, Pete’s bacon, chops and steak as well as new potatoes and Kasia’s toast. Gus tried doing the toast but he was stressing us all out since he couldn’t wait for the toaster to toast, that Kasia took over…good thing too, cuz I like my toast done. We did find a job for Gus, open the champagne for mimosas.

Took a walk down to the beach cuz after a meal like that, we needed to do a little walking and learned a lot about the beach and Bruce peninsula, first that it is the longest fresh water beach in the world. The other is Wasaga Beach itself is suppose to have the 7th best sunset in the world, more on that later. What a beautiful place and like we were talking it reminds you of all those beautiful beach’s you’ve visited in a lifetime and the memories that go with each. Mine, Cozumel and the beginning of this journey…and I go back that far since Cozumel was the first thing I did the weekend I was laid off and has some very special memories for me. The other is just the beauty that I have seen in my travels and how amazing some of these places that I have seen and visited are…places that I’ll always remember and some that I hope to make other memories at.

Well, the houses along the beach are impressive and I met some more people along the way, Lorena, Dom, Ray and Terri and what a view from their place. They had a party last night so that’s why they didn’t join us last night, but today’s a new day so lets see about tonight. This beach is the quieter one since it is mostly residential, but still haven’t seen the topless women…maybe when we hit the party beach which is next and easy to tell, more people and sand volleyball. Still didn’t see any topless, but now they tell me that it is few and far between that you’ll see it, something about they passed the law allowing it and then reneged on the thing or something, but’ll have to take a walk later to check it out. Met a bunch of bikers that were in town for the weekend from Toronto and yea, Gus and Pete know them all that you can see the names on the pictures. Had a great time visiting with them all and telling them stories of my travels that we had a great time and what a beautiful day for hanging out at the beach and sites…I tried capturing some the best I could, but most are for my eyes only. Ashley was or server and Craig is the manager that had to capture their picture and Craig had heard my story and had to tell the rest of the women about it…that’s how I found out they had all known me as the traveler – thanks to Craig. Oh yea, and the mother and daughter is the daughter I had met at
Stubs & Lunnigan’s the day before, remember where the local drunks bought be a drink – no, and they weren’t the ones. Notice how the guy on the bike almost wiped out looking at the thong, but like we’ve always said, if you have it flaunt it, and that’s just what that chick is doing.

Hey, I found where all the beautiful Canadian women hang out and it’s here at the Dardanella beach bar. Ashley whom you’ve already met, Bri, Danielle, Heidi and Heather…I like this place already. Ashley was getting off from work soon and had to talk her into a bike ride since she’s never been on one before and is afraid of motorcycles. It was funny how we found out, but both Pete and I were talking to her, at the same time and I was talking about riding while Pete was talking about me so at one point Pete said I was a priest which my next question, not hearing what Pete had said, was, ‘You ever ride one before’? she thought I meant priest although I was still talking about bikes…I knew I shouldn’t have left my collar at home. Ok, guess you’d have to be there to appreciate it, but did get her on the bike and although she’s been against her boyfriend getting a bike…I know, I was as disappointed… she likes the ride. Like the stories go, once a woman rides a Harley, she’s hooked. Some may be hooked into riding any kind of bike, but they’ll never forget their experiences on a Harley…sorry to say, it’s a whole other world. Anyway, the group headed back to the house for the usual Italian snacks, meat, cheese and bread, but for me, I like crackers with my cheese. Since Pete and Coleen are only a couple of blocks from the beach, kept our eye on when to head down to the beach and got some great shots of the sunset…and they are right, what a beautiful sunset. There were a few clouds, but it’s a sunset I’ll remember and one that someday I’ll get to share again.

Ok more partying with the Sicilians and something that I forgot we talked about at length during brunch is what today’s lesson is all about…related to a poem that I got from Ann, remember Ann in Seattle - have been waiting for the right time to share and now’s as good a time as any, but it goes something like;

“You already have what you want and what you need. You could not even think about seeking something if you had no awareness of it. You seek because something in you has been touched. You are attracted to someone because you already have within you what you are attracted to. You have a heart filled with the desire for the good. You have a soul that will find your way. You have an imagination with which you can create a love that reveres all things, especially the depth and sacredness of everyday. You can transform your ordinary life into something full of wonder.”

Like we were saying and what this poem I believe is trying to tell us, we continue searching our entire lives for something we already have inside…and I believe, life has a way of working itself out…remember, everything happens for a reason. Wasaga Beach Pictures.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

based on the scenery, Toronto looks like one of your better stops.

Not that they weren't interesting, but I was getting sort of tired of road sign pics!

7/26/2006 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home