Tuesday, June 13, 2023

June 13 2023 Day Eleven

 June 13th – New Orleans LA – Day 11

 

Day 2 in New Orleans and today was a day about eating and riding. I did get to sleep in since I don’t have plans to be anywhere else tonight and although I thought about taking a ride 17 years later to the bottom tip of Louisiana, Grand Isle I decided on the Air boat tour. Because I slept in I figured it was about time for an early lunch that I found a good Po Boy shop toward the end of Bourbon street, Nola Po Boy that a spicy shrimp that I had to review some flyers to decide whether to do a air boat tour or not since doing it with them picking me up meant I had only about an hour to decide. Ok, I missed the boat tour last time I was thru here, that what the hell, I’m going to do it this year and getting a ride there and back instead of finding it myself.

 

Here I take a little break of my thought pattern as I talk to a couple next to me from California, Janet and Pete and also coming from Napa Florida, their other home. They made the trip from Tampa today, so I’ll get back to today’s story after happy hour. Oh, and break two, there’s a crawfish boil at the three-legged dog that they are going to that I might as well join them. More later and before I do forget, one thing I can say I am a little disappointed about the hotel I picked, it actually isn’t on Bourbon street at all, a block off that I cannot say that I stayed on Bourbon street after all these last two days, I’ve only been partying there the last two days, that and a hotel across the street that would’ve given me covered parking for my bike. More on that later.

 

Crawfish was awesome and as long as this bar, the three-legged dog has Pabst I think I’ll stay and keep writing.

 

Again, I did go for the air boat tour, and it was quite the thing to do. Yes, we did see gators, this time instead of the 4-wheel kind, the 4-legged kind and the guide had to have me back up and stay within the chains because like he said there was a lady who lost her phone and a couple of fingers because she leaned over too far and those big gators will be able to almost come over the boat chains. I don’t think it helped that the guide was trying to get his attention with a stick with a marshmallow on the tip, but I guess the gator would like meat more than a marshmallow that I was quick to comply. The boat tour is pretty cool and as I said earlier, I believe getting a ride instead of finding it myself made it easier that I could have a drink or two, ok, two that I get to spend a day off the bike.

 

The boat trip was definitely worth it, but now I wish I would’ve said No instead of yes to getting the pictures they took of me before I started the tour. Ok, cool they put a background in it making me look like I’m in the bush, but I actually wasn’t since I couldn’t get out of the boat and falling into the water especially where the bigger gators were, meant I wouldn’t be writing this. 

 

Ok, from what has happened so far today that I might as well finish what happened last night. Not sure if I mentioned it yesterday, but the goal was to get to Acme Oysters to see how they are since the last time I visited. Quite the line out front but had a great time visiting with those waiting. A party or 3 in front of me and eventually the couple behind me. I was talking about my trip here and how I’ve been on the bike and had to come back and the party of 3 in front of me I thought was including me in their party when the hostess asked them a party of how many and the dude, I was talking to said 4. Well, no luck because after the hostess skipped me, he told her I was my own party. No worries and their 4th eventually pulled in that I’ll get a bar spot which is good for me. Last time I was here it was the raw oysters that tonight I went for the broiled, kind of a comparison to what I had in Nashville (Franklin) that for marked price of $30 it was worth it. Another great meal that I’ll definitely be back next time thru. I can’t say one better than the other because they were both great and I’d tell both depending on where you’ll be,

 

Oh, the bartender here at the three-legged dog is having a great time and she loves everyone she meets. Quite the sweetheart and she was just talking about a friend who came just to say “Hi’ after having surgery two days ago. Ok, her name is Blake and I wish I would’ve gotten directions from her for the crawfish because she has a 2-finger rule of being able to close the crawfish bowl where the other bartender said as long as you can close it, it’s good. 

 

Ok to finally finish up last night had a great time at any of the bars I went into on Bourdon street and when the 4th quarter of tine NBA finals was just starting went back to my room on Bourbon street, wait Confi to watch it before checking out some other bars others have suggested, I guess at least the bartender at Dejavu who told me about the black penny for a good sour beer. A little further walk, but definitely worth it. Ok, I think I’m done for tonight that I can catch up to where I left off tomorrow. Stay tune, only good fun in New Orleans.

 

One more note, on the way back to my hotel room to post this a couple on the elevator told me to nave save travels. Apparently, they heard the story while in line for the Acme oyster house, what a small world it can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home