Friday, May 12, 2006

Is Elvis in the house?


Well, Elvis is dead, believe it or not, but he is. I would’ve spent more time with him, but I’ve seen it before and someone on Beale even said the 70’s décor didn’t do it for them anymore…I’d agree, but a mirrored ceiling? that could still work. The one thing I didn’t understand though, the guy who gave me directions to Graceland told me to watch myself because it was a war-zone out there - why would anyone in their right mind send a stranger thru a place like that?

The trip to Nashville was a nice ride and my stop for lunch took me thru Centerville – that was something else when the hwy takes you thru downtown and depending on the direction loop around the circle in the middle of town one way or the other. The lunch was great though in the little café, a good home-cooked meal served by a waitress who calls ya ‘Hon’ all day with her sweet southern accent. I do think I could handle that every day.

It was great seeing the Old Grand Ole Opry (The Ryman) in Nashville and I do think I was in that building years back…who knows, but I’ll tell you that new complex is something else. The Grand Ole Opry House looked pretty impressive as did the huge hotel they have and I did hear I should have taken some time touring the hotel. The way I figure it, if I take someone who loves country music there, I’ll get more fun out of seeing how thrilled they are than I would seeing it myself…Ok, any hotties out there who love country music?

The ride to Chattanooga was the best of the day and I could tell I was gettin into the mountains, it got cold – oh yea, and before I forget, no rain today, yippee - well that is except for a few large drops in Nashville, but nothing that I needed rain gear for. I was able to dry out a little and the end of the day was nice visiting with my cousin and family – can you tell which one is my cousin?
Look to the full moon the next few nights and me riding – ever dance with the devil under the pale moon light? I ask that of all my prey.
More pics here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dale,
Sorry I didn't get to see you before you left but I'm enjoying reading about your travels! Take care and happy trails!

Vicki

5/12/2006 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,
Sure did enjoy our visit together, but wished we had more time. I will be looking forward to reading about your adventures each day. Sorry it didn't work out for you to be able to see Jenny. By the way, if anyone reads this, I am the 2nd from the right. Love ya cuz and keep safe.

5/13/2006 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home