Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Post Day 80 - Day 82

Day 80 – 82
Ok, so I’m back home on day 80 and what an emotional drain. I don’t know what I was expecting, but probably hoping things that I’ve been hoping for along the way may be different, unfortunately – not. Had to do the Old Chicago thing cuz I still thrived on the thrill of the road and my buddy Jim showed up after my call and one thing we had to do before he left for the weekend was get my car out of storage. Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve driven a car? Almost 80 days so it felt pretty weird, but hey, I love this car that I can handle it – ok, even though I drove the bike more the last couple of days. Well, after picking up the car still needed that socializing that back to Old Chicago to finish my blog and think about what needs to be done the next few days.

Day 81 and a visit with friends at work would be appropriate so after a little house cleaning and lunch, down to the St Paul Travelers….wait, they apparently changed their name to Travelers…what a surprise – well, still have friends that work there that have to visit. Had a great time visiting with those who make a difference in my life, and sorry to scare one of them, but from this point on, it’s all about the friendship that we had before my latest fiasco. Enough, but it was great visiting with everyone and guess what, happy hour tonight…great I need something to do before heading to Stillwater for a little GB Leighton. What a deal, I show up to happy hour and get paid for being there…yep, it was the Moose Country where I worked last summer and they just happened to have a paycheck for me – that’ll pay for a few drinks. Well the group was trying to decide what to do for the night and I have friends to visit in Stillwater, but there’s Ribfest going on, that which one’ll be the thing to do? The group decided on Ribfest so I offered a ride to an old girl friend that happened to be there…yea, I have no hard feelings, but she turned me down cuz she didin’t think her new boyfriend…notice, BF, would be happy with that and how can you not respect that? That shows just what kind of person they are and that they can let go of the past and not let that effect the here and now…ok, not that I haven’t learned that, but it goes to show how important the here and now are to people and that the past was just that…the past – a learning experience.

Made it to Stillwater and ran into Terry, ok I know you don’t know him, but he’s done a lot of body work on my car when he had a shop in New Richmond. That had me thinking just how many relationships this car has outlasted…that’s gotta mean something. More of the gang showed up and tonight was the night to be in Stillwater cuz when GB Leighton is out, all of the hotties are out and on a hot night like tonight – lot’s a skin. Didn’t stay too late since yesterdays ride was catching up with me, but what a beautiful night to be on the bike and a ride from Stillwater anytime of day is a great ride.

That brings me to day 82 and not only do I have a .lunch to get ready for with the boyz, but another happy hour…ok, I can take all this partying for my return home cuz for those who I’ve told, it was such an adrenaline rush on the road that I have to keep that going. Well, had an important meeting this morning which taught me a lot and one thing was how people will describe themselves the first time you meet them with some of the traits that have been problems in the past. That’s where it had me looking at my profile and realizing that on this trip, I’ve lived up to my traits that I used to describe myself: adventurous, come on, what’dya think this trip was about, honest, I told people what I thought and how I felt…read my blogs, loyal, well didn’t go there, but loyal to what and/or who?, trustworthy, ok, something I may have had a problem with in the past, but not anymore. That brings up friendly and not afraid to get my hands dirty, well if you would’ve seen my hands after a days ride, definitely dirty and look at how many people I have met along the way which have become great friends…I think the friendly sticks. I’ve learned a lot on this trip and that is that life is too short to play games and hearts should be taken seriously because in the end, it’s your own that you end up hurting the most. I wish nothing but love and happiness for all who have touched my life and they have touched my life for a reason – and I know, I will prevail, I always do…has a lot to do with the person inside. Pics on next blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home