Sunday, July 20, 2008

Toronto, ON, July 20th

You got it, still in Toronto and I figured I have to make up for my mistakes from Quebec City and Montreal; you really have to give each city at least two nights before judging. The first night to feel get the feel of the city and where to see people and be seen and the second night getting ready to party. I do believe that next time I visit these big cities I have to spend more than a day to do them justice and without carrying a laptop around to capture the story of the day…and I do think a wing man would definitely help.

When I woke up this morning I was wishing I were home. You know that feeling when you’re done with something it’s done, whether it be drinking, riding or a relationship, it’s done. Well, it was raining pretty hard and according to the forecast will be raining for most of the day and since I haven’t figured out my route home and could use the rest, riding in the rain takes more out of a person than you realize, I figured I’d see if I could stay in the bed I was in so I could sleep in. Not that easy because there are apparently more coming that there is a bed for me, but I have to move to a different room. Ok, a bit of a hassle getting up, showered and packed so I could store my stuff in the basement until check in at 1:00, but it saves me riding in the rain.

So what did I really do today? Well, as soon as the rain let up a bit I toured the city to see what I missed the last time I was here. Doya remember? it was raining then too and if you haven’t read the story it was the first day in Wasaga Beach in July that you can catch up. It being close to lunch I saw a place with a line that’ll take 20 minutes before being seated, that it must be the place to eat. Actually part of why I ended up at Cora’s was the ladies I was following and I could really kick myself for not getting a picture or names, because all I thought was thank God for Spandex, a couple of perfect asses leading the way. Ok, I know, get my mind out of the gutter, but I have to share what I was thinking and they were perfect. Too far behind in line by the time I got back to Cora’s cuz I had to walk by so the ladies didn’t think I was stalking them, but I could kick myself again for not working my way to the beginning of the line to see if a third could join them, me.

Sorry, time to do a little backtracking to last night, but remember that line I didn’t have to stand in? well, it was much longer when I got back, but since they already knew who the boss was, they let me in and the place was packed. Fortunately, the people I was talking to the last time I was there who I gave my table to were there that they let me join them. All I can say is I remember when I was in my 20’s and the clubs at the time were the place to be, because this was that all over again, only problem is I was feeling a little older than back in the day. The other problem, a few drinks and enough talk and because this place is not only a club, but tattoo parlor, guess who got their first tattoo? That was about it for last night, but remember I’m celebrating North America so whether others are celebrating with me or not, I’ll still have a great time.

Ok, back to today and after a great breakfast I did a little more walking around and checked out the Roger Center to see whether there was an event going on or not and sure enough, the Argonauts are playing…the who? Canadian football and although I was tempted to buy a ticket even from a scalper for cheaper I resisted and it was a good thing I did. I did make my way back to the hostel to get checked in, bed made and settled and since the game didn’t start until 4:00 I decided to catch-up on a little rest I could use, remember, riding in the rain takes a lot out of a person? Well, back down to the Roger Center and why buy a ticket when you can get the kind of view I got from the Hard Rock Café in what would otherwise be right field. Great view and it doesn’t cost any extra. If I were to sit in the section below me, it’d cost $5 a head and the table would have to spend at least $30, that I wasn’t ready to drink that much beer.

You’ll never guess who I sat next to, and I still don’t believe it myself…it was Trace Adkins, you know the country star? Ok, maybe the wrong Trace, but that was my first thought. Trace is originally from Toronto and while his wife is stuck in Vegas he’s stuck here to party with friends. Like I said he’s originally from here, but has been living in Japan for the last 7 years and still doesn’t know much Japanese that might be because he’s working at an English school. Anyway, I also met Brad and Julie from White Bear Lake that I felt like I was home again. White Bear Lake, a suburb of the twin cities and when I over heard Julie mention something about a Viking cheerleader being under 20, I wondered how she knew. They’re here for the Eagles concert tomorrow without tickets hoping to get a few scalp tickets that it does sound as though I should stay for one more night, it might be worth being in town.

Time to move on to a little dinner which King Street is full of places to eat and quite different from what I’ve seen before. Each place right next to each other and almost on top have the hostess standing on the sidewalk selling their place as the one to come in and eat at Well, plenty to choose from, mostly Italian, but the young lady from Ireland was the one that intrigued me with a 3 course special for $25 and all I remember is I saw rib eye steak on the menu. It was a pretty good meal and for $25 plus drinks, desert alamode and tip, not a bad deal at all. From there someone told me that the Argonauts and cheer leaders were going to be somewhere on Front Street that I had to head that way to do a little partying. I found the place, don’t remember the name, but it was right next to a place that sounds like it deserves a visit, the Loose Moose. Anyway, first bars first that I met a few people at the bar the Argonaut cheerleaders were going to be at and one of the women in the group I met was a bit taken back by a call girl giving her her card. Don’t worry, I eventually got a card, but I was really hoping to keep the cost on this trip down that I’d prefer free.

Ok, enough for the night because after partying with the Argonaut cheerleaders and checking out the Loose Moose which had a cool display of different size bottles hanging from the ceiling, it was time to get back to the hostel to call it a night and for a Sunday night, even busier than last night. I guess it’s the next week’s visitors and when I hear where some of these people are from and the traveling they have been doing, mine doesn’t seem like much, completing North America, except for the fact that mine was done by me on a bike.

Have bike, will travel!

Nonriding pixs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home