Tuesday, August 01, 2006

July 31st, boy how time flies

July 31st, the last day of July and boy how the time flies…have had a lot happen over the last few days and it just keeps adding to the adventure. You can to see that there was not only a welcome home happy hour for me with the Friday night happy hour crew, but my friend Tom and his wife Sue threw a welcome home pool party…ok, so the party was already planned and I was hoping to make it home for, but still got to talk about my adventures. Happy hour Friday night was great visiting with all those friends I haven’t seen for quite a while…remember, I’ve been on the road for 80 days, and we picked up right where we left off – that was great. Had fun telling of the adventures, but also talked at length about the loneliness on the road…hey, that’s the kind of friends they are that I can be that honest with them and show my true feelings without feeling ashamed. Had the usual fun for happy hour even though it was at Jake’s and for as hot as it was, not necessarily a night to be outside, but headed to the local legion steak fry with some only to find out was a week too late. Well, I guess it’ll be even longer before I get to one of those, but more on that later. Anyway, made it to the local pub for some grub and for me, back to Old Chicago for that beer I like so well as a little work on a blog…hey, they have high speed internet and it’s more fun than sitting at home.

Well, Saturday’s pool party is the thing to be doing for as hot as it got…ok, maybe didn’t reach the 100’s Saturday, but sure felt like it, that being in a pool was the thing to do. A lot didn’t bring their suits…mostly women, but I don’t think it was because they were thinking about skinny dipping, but didn’t want to mess up their hair…hey, look around and do you think it’d really’d make a difference? Had a great time telling more stories and many of them are bikers that Tom and I have met that they were all interested and you know me, love telling stories…no, don’t have to stretch them cuz the fish I caught this time was truly that big. Well, talked about the plans for Sturgis and hooking up with the group while there since I’ll probably be camping with my usual group in Nemo, but after some suggestions and realizing I’m not going to end this adventure the way I wanted, with the person it all began with…some know what I’m talking about because the invites are limited, was talked into continuing my adventure. Yep, they talked me into doing Alaska as long as I have the time, money…well, that’s where me making a million before 50’ll help, and this being the perfect time of year in Alaska – hey, North to Alaska, they’re goin’ north the rush is on…why not.

Ok, after thinking about it and what’s happened over the next few days, someone is definitely telling me Alaska is the thing to do…that’s where the higher power comes in. Well, remember Ann in Seattle? Well, her and a group are riding to Sturgis that I might be able to hook up with and ride back to Seattle to catch a ferry to Alaska…one of those two day ferry’s that the women I met in Las Vegas told me about…ladies, if any of you are checking this out, please send me an email. Well, that won’t work because it looks like you have to schedule far enough in advance for a ferry and the group from Seattle is heading home Tuesday, that, that’s not enough time for me to visit and have fun in Sturgis that I’ll have to make another plan. Ok, this is where it gets good, cuz after some calls, meeting the Sturgis group, I mean Nemo group for lunch and stuff, things are definitely happening for a reason that Alaska is the thing for me to do. Well, ok, where to start, but first, Tom has had two cancellations that he has room for me, the group from Nemo has no problems with me staying at Buffalo Chip…by the way, that’s where the real Sturgis party is and again, because I’m not going to be able to stay at Nemo the way I had hoped…staying with Tom and group is the thing to do. Next, one of the boaters from Prescott…incase you don’t know, the group I join in Nemo are Prescott boaters which, remember my million before 50? I’ll have a boat down there might be able to get me work by the time I’m back, well, his brother who came to lunch just moved here from Florida and is staying with a friend, that he might be willing to stay at my place for a month and take care of my house and cat while I’m gone…more, things happen for a reason. Even more pointing to doing Alaska, but talked to some friends from the club…the one I work out at and one of the guys has a brother who lives in Fairbanks – great and Alaska connection where I might be able to stay and before the nights over, found out that my aunt’s companion has a brother living in Anchorage who’s always looking for visitors…do you get where this is going? Yep, everything happens for a reason. To be honest, one of my best friends asked if I was just running away again and I think he’s probably right, but with all this happening, there’s a reason for it. Ok, so things weren’t the way I had hoped, or had dreamt they may have been when I got home, but got together with some who have become friends in my life that make a big difference and I have to tell you the sweetest thing was showing up at a friends place, a recent friend and the two girls giving me a hug hello, by name…now that’s precious. I believe it’s true that good things happen to good people, and I just hope my good keeps lasting, but whether it does or not…I am definitely blessed. HHH and pool pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home