Thursday, June 15, 2023

June 15 2023 Day Thirteen

 June 15th – Brenham TX – Day 13

 

Ahhh, just got done having some good cooking and one more beer before calling it a night. Trying to get ready for tomorrow’s ride where I try to do over 1000 miles in 24 hours. Thought about leaving extra early, but learned all about Civil, Nautical and Astronomical twilight that now I’m shooting for 6:00 since sunrise is around 6:30 and using the Civil twilight it should be light enough for me to see anything on the road. I actually learned a lot today, not only about twilight, but a lot about my bike. I’ve had the thing for 4 years now and have learned that the GPS system on it will do more than I realized it can do. It cannot only five me directions to where I have to go, which I’m hoping isn’t going to be an issue with my Siri directions because it does look like they will both be on the same coarse, but this bike will actually track my ride which will come in handy for this 1000 mile ride. 

 

Ok, after I thought about it while getting up this morning, I may have missed a little about yesterday’s ride that I forgot to share. Even though it wasn’t too bad a trip from New Orleans to here, I did have a ferry along the way that I had to deal with so I could say there was about a quarter of a mile that I didn’t have to ride yesterday. That and the road thru Louisiana took me right along the gulf coast toward Houston that I did have to stop for a picture of my boot in the gulf coast. The waves were pretty big which would account for the strong cross winds that I had to deal with. Nothing as bad as some I’ve dealt with while going thru South Dakota out to Sturgis, but it affects the riding a little. Also took a picture of dealing with RIP currents but had no plan on going into the water. 

 

Tonight, I’m calling it an early night so I can hit the road early and hard. I really appreciate Debbie and Dale taking such good care of me and really enjoyed my visit. Hopefully I can be back sometime sooner than waiting another 17 years before I visit again. Tomorrow will be a big day which might take me an extra day to recover until I write about. Stay tune and you’ll know as well as me where I’ll end up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home