Sunday, May 14, 2006

Myrtle Beach Day1


Rode back to the campsite under the full moon – sure did - and the first night of camping wasn’t bad at all. It got pretty chilly in the mountains, but the new sleeping bag, mattress and pillow really made a difference – thanks Jackie. The tear down wasn’t bad either and it helped not having any rain. Tore down packed up and showered – well ok, more like sh1t, shaved and showered before hitting the road, figured that’d be the least I could do before seeing the hotties in Myrtle beach. Had me wondering though, what does a couple do at a KOA with no scenery and so few campers? – yea, I thought so.

Decided to hightail it to Myrtle Beach to enjoy more of the festivities and boy am I glad I did. The freeway riding was great, finally able to open it up and I’ll tell you, having cruise control and a radio is awesome, it feels like the Cadillac of biking. Finally hit warmer weather too in South Carolina and noticed a number of bikers without helmets. Sure enough, checked the HOG book and a helmet isn’t required over the age of 21 that I figured I’d pass, that I got rid of the helmet, packed the leathers and lubed up for a ride under the sun…thank you for the sunshine.

I was thinking most of my way here though, that should this be like Vegas, Sturgis and so many of those boyz weekends that what happens in Myrtle Beach, stays in Myrtle Beach…well, I guess with no one else to witness it, I might have to share a little of my fun. My connection for a place to stay didn’t workout last night so I setup camp in a nearby biker friendly campground, right on the main drag close to all the fun. From there it was down to the four corners for a late night, yep, at the Suck Bang and Blow.

Had a great meal at the Hoof ‘n’ Finz and again felt loved, this time by a hotty – Dawn. Not only was she calling me ‘Hon’, but I think she meant it…is it just me or do you think they call all the guys ‘Hon’? Headed across the street to the Beaver bar looking for my connection and instead I connected with Ava, nice chaps and her mom owns the place, there’s hope for me after all. Which reminds me, one of the rules for Spring bike week, No Thongs or other displaying of body parts otherwise you might be arrested…they’re taking all the fun out of these events.
More fun to come from Spring Bike week, Myrtle Beach style! Hot pix here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dale -
Great pics! Looks like you're hitting the real hot spots. Keep up the blogging, I am loving the ride with you.

Mel

5/15/2006 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home