Sunday, June 25, 2006

Seattle Washington

Well, still Port Orchard, but today was a day to see the sites that Seattle had to offer and another beautiful Pacific coast city…maybe not a coastal city, but with the amount of water around it might as well be and the most commonly used form of transportation for getting around other than a car are tube ferry’s…no, not those kind of ferry’s but with what’s going on this weekend, might as well be – more on that later. Started the day out getting an oil and filter change and they still don’t come cheap on these bikes. They keep recommending the 5000 mile maintenance which is over $300, but putting over 5000 miles on every two to three weeks might break the bank that the 10,000 maintenance’ll do for now, besides the bikes running great that why mess with it. Met Sonny and Dick as well as a number of other members and those in those people with the same interest are always friendly. Another small world thing too, Sonny is from Tomah Wisconsin and is retired from the Marines I believe it is and living in Seattle, a pretty nice place to be retired. Still has family back home so makes a number of trips back to God’s country…but you know something, am finding out there are many other places people would consider God’s country, that is except for those of us from Wisconsin. Noal and Russ took good care of my bike for its 15000, well make that 16000 mile maintenance and they even filled it with gas…no guarantee I won’t run out again though. Jon did a great job washing it and although he scrapped and scrapped and couldn’t get all the bug goop off, was time to get going to catch a ferry that the only way to get rid of those bugs’ll probably be a power buffing…they’re stuck on there good.

Ok, since the other big form of transportation around here are ferry’s, had to catch one to Seattle and because of the time picked the Bainbridge Island ferry and what’dya know, picked the right one. Right because it was a great view of Seattle on the way there and am finding out that should eventually take ever ferry around here because it gives you a different view of things, and around here, there’s plenty of view to see. Hey, check it out, bikes get priority around here and get to go to the head of the line, first on, first off which is great. Checkout some of the sites along the way too, pretty cool view of not only Seattle, the Space Needle and Safeco Stadium, but have a number of views of Mt Rainier in the distance and the other ranges to the west. This is really another beautiful city which I’m seeing plenty of along the way. Oh and the other thing is the weather is perfect. Have heard it from many people from around these parts that picked the right weekend to be in town because this is the best weather they’ve had all year and were overdue…see, timing is everything and I did bring it along with me – sorry it might be gone in a few days, but I sure hope that means great weather heading east for me.

Did the touristy thing so of course had to see Pick’s Market and the Space Needle and although the Needle was a little spendy at $14, couldn’t pass as an old looking 13 year old or young looking 65, but tried, was kinda worth the trip - well, did get to take pictures from all around the thing and you definitely get to see everything around. Built for the World Fair back in the 30’s I think it was when they had a space theme and hey, as long as I’ve seen the alien invasion in Roswell, gotta check this out. The cool thing though was the person who took my picture, some southern hottie I got to visit with. Yea, I know, should’ve gotten her picture, but she was returning a favor since she asked me to take her picture to prove to her husband she was here, he might not like the idea of who she asked, but we talked about my trip and how I had already been thru her neck of the woods, Charleston, so interesting to talk to. Done with the Space Needle that had to head back to Pike’s to pickup shrimp for dinner, yep, I’m cooking bacon wrapped shrimp and steaks, gotta pay for my stay. Well, it was a good thing I headed back there too cuz I got to catch some fish, what a rush getting the behind the counter in front of the crowd and being able to throw fish around, hey, I may’ve found myself an new job. I can see why they wrote that fish book about this place, you know the one, Fish! Tales: Real-Life Stories to Help You Transform Your Workplace and Your Life…a must read for everyone.

Had to head down and see what the Kenny Chesney concert had to offer and it looked like it was going to be a blast. Yea, if I weren’t cooking dinner for my stay would’ve gotten a ticket and checked it out since there were a lot of hot Cowgirls running around, but after found out today was ‘Dikes on Bikes’ and tomorrow is a Gay Pride ride, wouldn’t have made any difference except that I’d probably have more guys trying to pick me up than the women…ok, I didn’t pick Seattle this weekend because of that, but that’s going on around the country so wouldn’t have made much difference where I ended up…not to offend any one, but just not my cup of tea. Another ferry ride to the other side of the sound to make dinner and had some extra company, Ann’s friend Mike and his daughter Elise…hey, two Elise’s in one week – remember, Crater Lake. Tomorrow, no not the Gay Pride Ride, I’m heading to Canada so they can’t find me. Seattle Pictures.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dalej,
Enjoyed meeting and listen to your adventures last night. Wonderful meal and companions. Wish Elise and I could have heard more. Good luck and may these fair skys be with you on the rest of your trip. Hope you arrive home safely and find everything is okay. Look us up if you are ever in the Great Northwest again.
Mike

6/25/2006 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home