Monday, June 19, 2006

Mill Valley California, Day2

Today was one of those days I definitely needed, sleeping in and just relaxing without having to worry about getting the bike packed and getting on the road for a ride, whether a short one or long one. I got to just relax and enjoy fathers day, no not a father, but if I were or ever am would still be the thing I’d want to do. Tried figuring out when I could fit everything in wondering whether I should make a ride to Yosemite today, see the other sights of San Fran and hit wine country, but decided against taking a long ride and thanks to Dennis and Amy’s hospitality, have me talked into staying until Wednesday, you know to do all that while here and not skip anything due to time…remember, I have all the time in the world, although there are some things I worry about getting home for sooner than later…but remember, everything happens for a reason so No reason to cut my trip short or rush home, things will turn out as they should…some know what I’m talking about.

Anyway, today was a day that Dennis and Justin took me around in the car to see many of the San Francisco views and it was nice and comfortable doing it by car instead of bike. Oh, that’s the other thing which you’d think doesn’t make a lot of difference, but I hate having to strap on that helmet all the time, even for a short ride – it’s so much easier just hopping on the bike and going, ok, deal with it. So you can see the highlight of the ride was Dennis showing me the Yellow Cab Co-op, yep, really went there, the pictures prove it - went there not because of the view though, but to pick up Dennis’ cell phone which fell out of his pocket last night. Well, we backtracked to the place he parked last night to see if we could find it, so I decided what the hell, I might as well call it to see if we could hear it ring…a pretty big parking lot to be looking for a cell phone. Anyway, someone else answered it and it was someone from the Yellow Cab company, pretty fortunate for Dennis since he’s flying out of town tonight for business, a trip I really wanted to join him on, one day back to Minneapolis/St Paul, but figured no matter how bad I might want to get home, I’ll put the $350 airline ticket toward the trip…God knows I need it for that.

That reminds me of something that did happen to me yesterday, but I forgot to mention in my blog. Remember, yesterday was my lucky day so forgot about the bad that happened, but for those how know me I always dwell on the good times and forget about the bad…ok, more therapy. Well, on my way toward San Fran, pulled off to take the Pebble Beach 17 mile and see the golf course, but was turned away. They’re charging $9 per vehicle and I did my usual and asked if it was half price for motorcycles, but was told nope, can’t take the bike in…now I know how some feel discriminated toward…I don’t look intimidating, do I? So they don’t allow motorcycles so asked if I could at least park the bike and walk to the golf course only to find out, it’s quite a hike to which the ranger asked me if I had a car that I could come back with to go thru - told her was from Minnesota so only had my bike with me…her response, ‘I guess today’s not your day, sorry’, all I can do is sit here and laugh, that’s a good one.

Ok, after doing the car tour, of San Fran, not Pebble Beach, did have to return to Lombard Street to do it by bike so could say I did it on the bike. Well, more Golden Gate bridge pictures on the way and oh yea, it’s a toll bridge but only one way, you have to pay $5 per vehicle on the way into San Francisco, so today it cost $10 to get there, thanks to Dennis for paying for the first trip. Anyway, more pictures of the bridge and you can see I got pictures of me going up Lombard and coming down, but as soon as I posed for a picture with the bike at the bottom, the camera went dead…more problems with the battery and not even time for one picture from the bottom, it’s definitely a sight to see…maybe another day this week. Went to the Fisherman’s Warf and checked out that area, but again, no pictures…maybe another day this week. Did get Alcatraz tour tickets but was surprise how much they were sold out of. The first available was tomorrow at 11:45 which won’t work out for me since I’m planning Yosemite so thought the earliest on Tuesday’ll work, well, nothing available until 10:45 that morning. Hopefully that’ll still give Dennis and me plenty of time to do wine country since he’s so graciously decided to take half a day off to show me…remember all the time in the world and as long as I’m here should see it? Sure it’s going to be something I’ll want to share with someone, but right now, this is my trip. Had a great fathers day dinner with Dennis and the family with bacon wrapped shrimp and a roast on the grill, just in time before Dennis had to head to the airport. Got to play with Justin for awhile and he’s definitely full of energy…I’m already beat and ready to call it a night, but had to come downtown Mill Valley for another night, definitely yuppie town, but I don’t mind, just have to work on my British accent. Today, a planned R&R - more riding tomorrow. San Fran Pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home