Friday, June 09, 2006

Phoenix, Arizona

Ok, today is my anniversary; one month ago today I hit the road. Got out of Ash Fork just in time, rain was coming and I had to head east. Hit a few sprinkles along the way, but east was definitely the way to go. Ok, this camera is really pissing me off that sooner than later it’ll be road kill, but tried takin the pictures without the mount…spent $1 on electrical tape that should fix the problem, but probably need duct tape.

Ok, outta there just in time and according to people of the area, no, not the Indians, have to checkout Sedona. Was a pretty cool ride thru Oak Creek Canyon and only one of those rides which is worth doing on bike. Didn’t get a picture of the signs, but anything over 40 feet shouldn’t be on the road…ok, I know how to hide it well. Sedona was a beautiful place to stop and have lunch and met a couple more bikers, Tim and Meredith, from Florida telling me about the riding and bikes and they’re right, the only way to see this country is by bike. Although this is Arizona and it’s hotter than all hell, there are still places worth riding to. Was in the hills around the pine and the weather there is great…something when you can watch the temp gauge drop from over 110 to less than 85, but not as much fun when it goes from the 85, back up to over 110. Ok, deal with it, but there is so much variety to find in Arizona that it’s amazing. Went to Montezuma's castle, but found out at the bar, that a castle is the adult store….not exactly what I got from the castle, but hey, that works for me...thanks Sarah, yeah the one with the hand covering up her face…would we see it any other way?

From there had to check out the natural bridge and once again, they have to stop with the warning signs. Those who know me, I’ll heed to the sign, not…so had to checkout what I shouldn’t otherwise see and almost found out what the warnings are all about. Their right not only are the rocks smooth and slippery, but put a little moisture with them and their even that much worse. Ok, it wasn’t a motorcycle accident that almost got me, knocking on wood, but sliding into the drink. Slid down a rock that was heading me straight for the drink until found something to grab onto, ok, so broke a nail or two, but that’s a hell of a lot better than in the water that who know’s how deep it is, but so much for my cell phone and camera…well, who cares about the camera cuz it doesn’t care about this trip.

Ya know this was nice area to ride until you got into the valley…why would anyone build a city in a valley which is hotter than the hills, but hey, that’s Vegas, Phoenix and I’m sure many other places out there, at least I have the mountains to ride thru to get here. Heard Yuma is hotter than hell…ok, New Mexico, but have an appointment with the devil…you remember the one, ever dance with the devil in the moonlight? Phoenix pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home