Monday, June 05, 2006

Hoover Dam

Last day in Vegas so gotta checkout he Hoover dam, right? Thought an earlier morning ride would make a difference in beating the heat, but it’ll catch up with you sooner than later. Was pretty cool, seeing the dam that is and is definitely worth the $11 tour fee, cheaper than what the Mormon’s are charging to see Zion park, but hey, was free to me.

What a project and being able to go down into the thing and see the history on how it was built was worth the time there. Was surprised though that the video on the building of the dam wasn’t better than what it was, hell, I’ve seen a better and more interesting story on that on TV. Did learn something new about it and after asking the question the lady figured I was from the east, that word is ‘Reclamation’. The dam project, no not damn project, was initially and still is referred to as the Reclamation project and has to do with the entire western third or more of the US running from the Colorado Mtns all the way to Mexico…interesting, hey? Well, there’s a lot of construction going on so figured Reclamation was what they’re doing now than had done…doesn’t hurt to ask, does it?

Yep, really helped going early to beat the heat cuz it just felt like a blast furnace on the way back, temps again today were the upper 100’s and heard that Arizona will just be hotter, great, just what I need now that I’m heading to the canyon, yep, the Grand Canyon.

Last night out on the town and a new day did make a difference cuz craps was good to me so I made what I had lost the night before and covered dinner…not such a bad night – must’ve been touching the toes of the statue at the dam, suppose to bring me luck, so let’s see what other luck will come my way. Already interrupted trying to get this out cuz the parking lot in this apartment complex is being painted so starting to tow vehicles. Gotta get the bike packed and moved so I can get outta here before it gets too hot. Let’s see where the bike takes me today…another furnace blast of a day. Dam pictures.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dale-
Keep up the good narrative!

Not much new here...had a birthday party celebration at Jake's for Enrique's 44th birthday!

Have fun riding!
Mel

6/05/2006 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home