Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Huntington Beach, California

Today was time for a little R&R, not planned, but that’s how it turned out. Mike and the family were great putting me up for the night and as Donna was leaving this morning she wished me luck with the ride and told me to lock up behind myself. Well, that’s exactly what happened, but not according to plan. Got a phone call at 8:30 and had connection problems that let’s go outside for a better connection, so stepped out the patio door and like a good neighbor, closed the door behind me – oops, just locked myself out, in my underwear no less so nothing but time to relax. Yep, there I am in nothing but my underwear searching around the house for a hidden key or an unlocked window and no luck, so decided to ask the neighbors who were saying ‘goodbye’ to some guests whether they had a key or not. Well, the first question from them was ‘who are you?’ to which ‘Mike’s cousin’; next question, ‘are you naked?’, well I was standing behind a bush and told them had something on, but she decided it was a Kodak moment. Ok, not the original, but tried capturing the same picture later.

So, there I am at 8:30 in the morning locked out of my cousins place and no key to be found, but hey, not a problem, have all my clothes and an extra pair of boots on the bike that I might as well get dressed and take my ride, right? Ok, problem number two, my money and keys to the bike are in the house so still locked out of even doing that. Good thing I have my cell phone with me then because today will be a day to just relax around the pool and make calls to those I haven’t talked to for awhile to catch up on things…that is until my phone went dead because of bad reception which killed the battery – ok, I talked to most who were important to talk to and those who were even more important may have decided they didn’t want to talk – that’s the problem with caller-id or cell phones you can play the phone game.

Ok, great location, suns out and the pool water feels great, time to spend that R&R. After lying in the sun for a bit got a little sweaty that it’s time to take a dip in the pool and me in just my underwear, hey, time to skinny dip, right? Well, just remembered that I had a swim suit on the bike and wouldn’t you know it, didn’t lock the saddle bags so I’m in luck, can swim with suit and all…different company might of made a difference, but with a male dog out by the pool with me, the swim suit was a must and I’m sure Mike and his family would rather hear no skinny dipping by me. It was a good thing that Joseph only had half a day of school and your right, he might not have come home right away, but was home by 11:30 that the day isn’t lost….like I’ve been saying, everything happens for a reason and I learned that much more today about a number for things.

Finally, on my way, and thanks to Joe’s directions, hit the local Harley shop to get a snap for my helmet. Wouldn’t you know it, they have all these novelty helmets that have the same clip I need, but no clips to sell…so should I, just take a clip off one of the helmets? Ok, so I break a few rules, but stealing…that’s not me. Paid for an entire new clip and this one better last, $9 for a little strap clip. Since half the day is shot, skipped the mountain ride and headed for Sunset Strip, not only was it a place to checkout, but my stomach was telling me to feed it so now I can say, hey, I ate on the Sunset Strip. Yep, checkout the place, reminded me of Mickey’s back home, but different food, the big thing here was the chili cheese burger and fries – still doesn’t top the green chili cheese burger in New Mexico though..

From lunch it was time to get to the Hollywood sign and ok, so the camera isn’t takin the greatest pictures, but this time I got off the bike and took a little hike to get as close to the sign as possible…maybe you didn’t notice, but the bush in the valley was pretty thick that I wasn’t going to fight thru it to get any closer. Pretty cool though and a great view from up there of the Hollywood lake…ok, not sure what he name of the lake is, but one of no, not 10,000 like Minnesota, but have you seen some of the ‘lakes’ Minnesota counts as a lake? Since it wasn’t a full day for riding and my friend Tom had given up his baseball tickets for my arrival, time to get to Huntington beach and wouldn’t you know it, rush hour traffic in LA. Yep, that means I went there today, I did the white line. So, I thought it was an adrenaline rush managing up to six lanes of traffic and the motorcycles going between the lanes, it’s a whole other story being one of those bikes going between the lanes. It’s not so bad at stop and go traffic, but once your hitting 50mph’s and still swerving between cars, oh man, just get me there in one piece.

Since Tom gave up his baseball ticket to his wife and friend, it was time for the boys to go out and play. Thanks to Lisa, we had a great BJ special…I was in the mood for one and it turned out to be a great place in the newly remodeled downtown Huntington Beach to get it….great pizza and a great time. Thanks to Tom and Melissa who are going to put up with me for a couple of nights. Tomorrow, we’ll see if Jay Leno has any room for me. Almost naked pics.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

over-under report?

6/15/2006 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home