Monday, June 12, 2006

Escondido, California Day2

Today was the day to do what few can, ride thru the mountains and desert to the Pacific all in one day. Yea, if you were on the east coast that’d apply if you said the Atlantic, but where’s your desert? Not a lot of pictures today, but that’s because I tried out a different camera and didn’t have a motorcycle mount…not gonna take the same kind of chances with Dan’s camera as mine – and after yesterday’s adventure it was a nice day to just ride and see the sites.

Checkout the wax figure at one of my first stops along the way…this was after riding to the desert heading to the mountain and this little Hideout, what’dya know, a lot of other bikers know about this place. Well, it was a good stop and they had a great blues band that stayed and listened to before it was time to move on. Palomar Observatory was the place to see in the mountains and ok, if I had a camera that could take pictures thru the glass, you’d get to see the scope, but today it was more for me…I guess not only seeing the scope, but the riding. More mountain roads that are windy and curvy and hey, let me have the lead so I can hit’em hard. Last stop, the Pacific and hit a little more of the Coastal highway, remember riding from Mexico north along the coastal highway…well, not necessarily going to do the entire thing because there’s a lot of residential, but where I can there’s a way…and no, this isn’t a race for me from coast to coast, but happy to see they hung a banner in my honor.

Finally back to Dan’s and got to meet his parents Duane and Pat, hey, my dad has the same name and apparently they have neighbors also named Duane and Pat, what a small world. Well, had to see what we could do about my camera which is starting to fail, but nothing to do…ok, who wants to make bets on whether this camera can last the rest of the trip before becoming road kill? Did you notice how they have fans in the orange orchids to keep the plants cool? well, that's not what they're there for, they're to keep the plants warm by blowing the cool air away. ..what a concept, blow it away.

Man am I hungry and time to head to the local Irish pub for a little grub and beer, oh yea, and me working on my blog. Thanks Lindsey for taking such good care of us, but still waiting for that story that all bartenders have…ya gotta have a good one that’d go great in this blog? Desert, mtn and Pacific pics.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dale,

It is so fun being able to watch your journey. Sounds like you've found some good times. We miss you here but know you're having the time of your life!!!

Angi

6/13/2006 1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey when are you comming back and getting a job

6/13/2006 2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janine says to come back and get a real job also

6/13/2006 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home