Saturday, July 08, 2006

Tamworth NH, July 7th

Still at Tamworth New Hampshire and today was a day of relaxation in the White Mountain range area…well at least for me. You can see that Tracy is giving Hanna and Taylor piano lessons, or was that the other way around, Taylor giving the lessons. Dick is mowing the lawn and missed the picture of the rest of the guys in the woods cutting down trees and the other ladies picking blue berries, New Hampshire blue berries for a pie I plan on making later. For me, I did get to relax and although I had offered to help with the trees, there was only so much work to go around so I got on my bike and took a little ride. Can see that I had a passenger, took Taylor for a ride to the end of the driveway and back and from here expression, I think she enjoyed it…already told her mom to make sure she watches out for guys like me – most know better though, that hard exterior and mushy middle that most of us have…right?

Took a picture of a bike shop that I thought my Brit friends from Indianapolis would appreciate and I’m surprised they have shops just for those kinds of bikes around here, but maybe for as often as they need to be fixed that place stays plenty busy. Did a little mailing at the post office and Sheila was a great help because along the way I have been sending packages to myself to get rid of the paper clutter on the bike and every time the cost seems to get higher and higher depending on how much the package weighs. Well, she’s been the first one along the way to suggest using the Priority Mail envelope because the price is always the same, about $4.50 no matter how heavy the package…I sure wish someone would have told me that before I spent all that money on the other packages, but she was the first and reimbursed me the difference for the otherwise overcharged package I was about to send. Hey, and also road across my first wood covered bridge, that was in North Conway where we’ll be heading to golf later…now that was cool.

Ok, remember today was going to be a day for a little R&R, swimming, Kayaking and golf, well, the legs hurt enough from yesterday and slept in late that didn’t have time for all so did a little riding and golf. Didn’t get a picture of all of us out on the course, but we played a little best ball and although my legs were hurting from the hike yesterday, walked the course and now my legs are screaming. Did 18 holes which for my first time out on the course for the year were about 9 more than I needed…hey, remember no pain no gain, but not sure what I was gaining with the pain today. First time out and actually didn’t golf too bad…well, best ball makes a difference and by the time I’m done with this trip, not going to be much time left to golf before the colder weather starts setting in…oh, and Chris reminded me that curling season is only 3 months away and closing in fast – I’ll be ready for that. Check it out, they even have a Thomas the Tank Engine on the golf course…I know someone who’d love to ride that train…the same person that helped me out with the hotdog in Vegas…right Nathan?

Didn’t get done until the moon was out and only a few more days and it’ll be a full one…look to the moon baby. Well, late enough and hungry that the gang decided instead of heading back and cooking dinner would just pick up a few pizzas, ok, one and half more than we needed, but there are those that like cold pizza for breakfast…I’m just not one of them. Ok, it’s going to be late before I get a blue berry pie made, but what’dya know, the ladies already made a couple so hey, I’m off the hook and what a treat. With the fresh wild blue berries they picked today, the pie was awesome.

Things are starting to come together on the east coast cuz have heard from my friend in New York that he has a place for me to stay and can stay as long as I need, have a place in the cape when I come thru with Adam, Christi and Taylor and may have a contact in Washington DC thru George…isn’t it great how things just seem to fall into place and with some of these contacts, that covers more of the east coast I would otherwise be searching for a place to stay. Still plenty of country to see so stay tune and let’s see what the east coast has to offer. R&R and Golf pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home