Monday, October 13, 2014

Day 1 - Mexico (Meh-hee-koh)

Day 1 and I didn’t get very far, still in Eagan. This time not only did I listen to what the weather had to say about Kansas City, 100% rain all day, but I listened to my Thursday night curling team that said not to leave today since it was the 13th. I’m not one to be superstitious, although RBC is since their building downtown Minneapolis doesn’t have a 13th floor, but they might’ve had something. I found a number of loose ends that I had to still get tied up before a trip to Mexico, and today turned out to be a perfect day to get them done. Sure it’s Columbus day and some places aren’t open, but thankfully the places I had to visit were open and I found everything that I needed.

Sure there might’ve been a little apprehension on my part about leaving today, but now with one day less to get to Ensenada, I’ll have to hit the pavement hard and hope for no blowouts or blowups with the bike. I’m still figuring on 2 days to NM where I have a place to stay, a one day trip to AZ for my next nights stay and less than a days trip to San Diego where I get to stay with some familiar faces before crossing the border. It’ll make a difference being sent off by someone who might know a little about the Mexican border crossing and so close to the border itself that I can get a lot done before I’m committed to Mexico. 

Day 2 should get me far enough south with an early start tomorrow and no rain in the forecast that a 22 hour trip to NM can easily be done in 2 days. If I’m lucky enough to be able to set the cruise on the bike fast enough without getting caught, maybe I can cut the 22 hour trip down by at least an hour, that might give me some time on day 3 to visit the aliens in Roswell. Stay tuned for Day 2 which should include pictures and maybe even some video with my new GoPro.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dale, once you start get passed Ensenada the road reports look good. Any damaged done by the recent storm has been repaired. Also my friends in Cabo have been notified of your pending arrival.

Jim Sedoris
AAA

10/14/2014 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home