Monday, June 19, 2023

June 17 2023 Day Fifteen

June 17th – Chandler AZ – Day 15

 

My first day of relaxation by a pool and even though the temps here in Arizona are hotter than all hell, there’s not the humidity like there was in Florida, Louisiana and Texas. The first business I needed to address was getting an oil and filter change for my bike as well as a bath. Jim and Nan mentioned the Chandler Harley shop since I’m in Chandler and they are having an event, but after a call to them, even though they could fit me in, they didn’t have Amsoil which is the only oil I use on my bikes. Yeah, you could call me picky, but when I switched to it years ago, it’s been the best for my bikes ever since. They seem to run a little cooler and the burn-off isn’t as bad as other oils on the drain. I did a google search for Amsoil and what’dya know, a Harley shop, Desert Wind H-D popped up and they are as close to where I’m at as the Chandler Harley that that is the place to call. They said they were backed up a few weeks, but for a guy like me traveling thru they could get me in if I could drop off my bike and wait until Sunday to pick it up. A nice thing about the Harley shops around here, they are all open on Sunday’s even if it is Fathers’ Day.

 

Jim and Nam followed me over there and we picked a good day to stop in because they were celebrating something with a Fried chicken and potato salad lunch that we had a great lunch to boot. The service agent was pretty cool to and telling me about a ride in California that I should consider, but the dates didn’t quite work out for me since I’d have to wait about a week. I don’t think Jim and Nan would mind if I stayed, but I’ll have to hit the road sometime sooner. The agent also said he’d be heading to Vegas to get married and then to the California freedom ride, but sorry I probably won’t see you there. 

 

After dropping off the bike and having lunch, we did have to make our way to the Chandler Harley shop since they also had a celebration going on. They were changing their name to Scorpion H-D and had a food truck outside to get burgers at for the celebration. They only had a few tickets to hand out for free lunches and most were gone, but they did have one left that Nan was able to use so she could get her lunch too. She wasn’t interested in the fried chicken that a burger and fries will do for her. Ok, in comparison I like the Desert Wind H-D much better than Chandler (Scorpion) and if I’m back in the area Desert Wind is where I’ll end up again.

 

Ok, now to look at trucks since Jim is in the market for a new vehicle and I felt a bit lightheaded that it was good think I wasn’t riding any further than Desert Winds H-D. The one thing with Arizona is you have to drink a lot of water and it’s great that everywhere you go they have water just for the occasion. After a few bottles I felt much better and soon it was back to the house to get comfortable in the pool.

 

Heat advisories in the area and once again the temp is getting up over 100 today that it was a good day to get in, out and back into the pool all afternoon. Also, drinking more water than I’m use to and very little beer, even if the beer does taste pretty good. We had a good time by the pool all afternoon and decided it’d be a good day to cookout that Jim headed to the store for some eats for the night. Apparently other people had the same idea because the grilling selection wasn’t of anything, but he did find some Wagu burgers and Chicken skewers that that with sliced potatoes and onions in aluminum foil on the grill will make for a good meal which is exactly what we had. It may have been a little later than usual, but good food and good company so I couldn’t ask for much more.

 

Oh, and the grasshoppers were getting out of control that Nan and Ian went to work with an electric zapper they have to make sure they got zapped. The thing just kept going that I feel sorry for the hoppers because on zap or two and they were done. A funny device that you just setup and the bugs fly right into it, now they’ll just have to be pulled out of the pool tomorrow. Ok, Day 15 out of the way and we’ll see what Father’s Day will have in store. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home