Wednesday, June 21, 2023

June 20 2023 Day Eighteen

June 20 – Upland CA – Day 18

 

Another day to relax and get some stuff done around Mike’s place. I never was able to make that connection with co-workers from the Long Beach office, it sounded as though most were working from home after having Monday off for the Juneteenth Holiday. I did tell my contact that I had an extra day in the area since my trip to San Francisco was moved out a day, but never did hear back so didn’t plan the trip for tomorrow.

 

Mike and I did at least go up to Mt Baldy to see if we could find that actor who has been missing since the Christmas Holiday, not really, just a nice drive up the mountain and he let me drive his EV Mustang which was pretty cool. Yep, apparently there is still snow in them their mountains and they still haven’t found the guy’s body. He was an experienced hiker, but the weather wasn’t the greatest when he did decide to go hiking. Not the kind of stuff I’d necessarily be doing, but I guess I get my adrenalin rush doing other things, such as riding a motorcycle.

 

On our way back we stopped at the nearest Harley shop that I had visited last time I was here back in 2014, but they had already closed shop and I mean closed shop because they don’t exist anymore. Once back to Mike’s I did look up the closest shop and found Laidlaw’s Harley about 30 minutes away so decided it’d be worth the bike trip which was great, I was able to do a bit more white lining. I wish there were more states that would allow that, but I guess maybe the traffic isn’t as bad as it is around here because there are sure a lot of vehicles on the roads around here. It was a pretty quick trip, and I did go to the service department to see if they could tell me why the Harley Davidson app for my ride planner wants to keep taking me back to the beginning of my trips if I have had the directions on pause and why it doesn’t recalculate from where I am at instead of back to the start to recalculate. It is the weirdest thing; it will recalculate for me to go back to the beginning so it can then track my progress from there instead of picking it up where I am at now and putting the other miles behind me. The trip meter keeps telling me I am getting further away from my destination even though I can see I am getting closer. Oh well, of course they didn’t know, did say that the app is pretty new and figured it might be like some other things Harley may have come out with a little too soon that it'll take fixes along the way to make for a better product. 

 

One thing I did notice at the service department was a highway patrol getting a new bike. At least that’s what it looked like since he was moving his equipment from one bike to another, and I really meant to ask if they also white line it around traffic. I’d assume maybe while chasing someone if they have to, but I have another day of riding that I’ll have to keep my eyes out for it. I did find with the white lining that I’ve been doing that it is much easier in the diamond lanes, the speed lanes because they are a little wider and cars are moving over to let me thru. I even passed a Sherriff and he didn’t flash his lights or anything so it must be ok.

 

It was great being able to relax a bit more for another day and today it’ll be off to the local Famous Dave’s for all you can eat rib tips. It happened to be happy hour so I ordered myself a beer and the first round of rib tips were pretty good and juicy, but they did get you on the second batch where they were almost as bad as the ribs I had in St Louis, overdone and dry that Mike and I couldn’t eat any more. Tomorrow we’ll have to see what else we can find and maybe Jane will join us. I am having a great time visiting with Mike and Jane because it’s not too often I do get to see them, so it has been a really comfortable stay.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home