Monday, June 19, 2023

June 18 2023 Day Sixteen

 June 18 – Chandler AZ – Day 16

 

Happy Father’s Day to all those dads out there and hope you had a great day. Just got home from the local Chinese joint and it was great food. Thanks to Jim, Nan and Ian for putting me up for an extra day and picking up the tab on dinner. It really should’ve been on me since I’m the guest being put up for a couple of nights.

 

Today I got a text early from the Harley shop that my bike would be ready for pickup about 11 and I did forget to mention that this is how Desert Winds H-D operate. I had gotten a text from the service department yesterday once they had checked out my bike with all of these suggestions on things that should be taken care of and the price, and I just responded with what I did want done so they updated it and gave me a final quote. Definitely not something I’m use to because back where I come from, they usually make a phone call. I’d say I probably prefer the phone call instead so I can ask questions, but in this case the text was pretty easy and no pressure to get all that they said the bike could use to get done. I just had new bars put on it just over a month ago, that bleeding the lines I don’t think was something that needed to be done right now. I did call them to make sure they were open all day and sure enough they’ll be there till 5:00.

 

Nan gave me a ride to the shop around noon because Ian was going to meet us there on his bike so I could follow him home, so I had to do some extra shopping. I figured a good shop to get a t-shirt from and the service guy that helped me out yesterday was the same one taking care of me today and he learned something new. Since I wanted the shirt and maintenance on one bill it happened to be the first time, he ever added a t-shirt to the bill, so he said he learned something new even though he had been there for a couple of years. That’s great when you can show someone something new. 

 

It wasn’t only me doing the shopping, but Ian picked up a new jacket and gloves for riding in the heat around here since you definitely need a light jacket. Some pretty good jackets to choose from so he’ll be really comfortable with his choices. 

 

Back to the house with a hotter than hell ride and one of the few times I did it with shorts and even my legs felt the burn. That meant then rest of the afternoon was going to be spend in and out and back into the pool because that is the only way to beat this head, and once again excessive heat advisories that having a pool is a must. A great way to start the day to instead of a shower, just jump in the pool and this one happens to be a saltwater pool. It feels pretty nice not matter what kind it is. 

 

After dinner the bike is packed and ready for my ride to California tomorrow and after looking at the temps, I think I’m really going to like the California temps; they look pretty comfortable compared to the heat and humidity that I have been dealing with. Now that we get to relax by the pool again for one more night, it’s time for the grasshopper show to begin with Nan and Ian. I thank Jim, Nan and Ian for a great stay and for being such good friends. Once back in Minnesota we’ll be able to ride there as well. Stay tune for the West coast swing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home