Monday, May 15, 2006

Myrtle Beach - Day 2

Day 2 in Myrtle Beach and the damn matting birds woke me up - don’t they know they shouldn’t be doing that to a single guy alone on the road? It started out dreary, but warmer than home so figured it was a good day to find a place with free wireless internet to get caught up on my blog – that brought me here, the Woodhaven Pancake house, not a bad meal and even an outlet to plug my machine in to. Once done, it was a good time to check out what else Myrtle Beach has to offer. Sorry, the camera was on the blink so I didn’t get any pictures of downtown, but trust me, ya ain’t missing anything. This rally is like Daytona and talking to some regulars, nothing like Sturgis where you spend more time riding to see the sites, this is just a big party and I’m sure finding that out.

Between the rain and checking out more of the area, there wasn’t much else to do but spend sometime shopping for what’s popular at events like this, biker garb and yep, chrome for the bike. I skipped the chrome though because for as dirty as my bike is, making it shine for a trip like this won’t make much difference – I know some who wouldn’t think of riding such a mess, right Mark? Dinner and again between the rain thought a good steak would be in order. That took me to the Texas Roadhouse where Tami and Will made sure I was well taken care of. Could’ve had the 32 oz special or a piece cut to order, but figured the regular ribeye with all the fixins was more than enough.

Finally party time, and again, between the rain made it to Suck Bang and Blow for the burnouts as well as the hot body contest. It probably would have been a good idea to leave before the rain started – I mean thunderstorm, but miss the hot body contest? – no way. Well, for the way things turned out, it probably would have been a good idea, but remember, everything happens for a reason. With the thunderstorm came the hail, that you got it, I had to save the bike from the hail. While in the process, when I pulled it under the cover, the crash bar caught a picnic table and sent me over the other way – the damn crash bar, but thank goodness for the other and I’m happy to report, No damage. Ya gotta drop a bike at least once, otherwise it hasn’t been rode hard. Now for a ride back to camp in wet pants and shirt under rain gear just to keep from getting any wetter. Does this rain have to follow me everywhere I go? Hot Bod Pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home