Sunday, September 10, 2006

Calgary Alberta Canada, Sept 8th

Calgary Alberta sitting in James Joyce with Joe and Braden having a great time…remember them from my first visit, they put me up for the night and we partied on the town that they invited me back for round two – man I can hardly wait. Have already made my round in search of those I met last time I was here and more ladies from James Joyce. Also made a visit to Carry and Sunday for another one of those Mehito and too see which one wanted to go riding with me tomorrow…like I asked Sunday, ‘could I have a little Sundae on Saturday’?…and the answer was sure, but then she told me she’s heard that line before…hey I tried and found out she had just had a falling out with a guy that she wasn’t to happy with men right about now…like I told her, maybe that’s why I’m back thru town…more on a fun night later. Got a late start because of that hour I lost, but packed the campsite up pretty quick and got a quick shower in before hitting the road. Knew it was only going to be about a 5 hour drive, that have plenty of time to make Calgary while the suns still out. Said ‘good bye’ to Jasper and was really looking forward to the ride south to Banff since I had seen the ride heading north last time and you can see that the pictures are some great scenery of the Rockies. Was a little disappointed that it was a bit hazy out so some of the mountains didn’t pop out like they did last time, but again, pictures don’t do this area justice that you really need to visit both the Banff and Jasper National parks to see what they have to offer…some breath taking views.

Didn’t make as many stops as last time since went by and took pictures of everything there was to see than, that today’s pictures are only about the ride. Ok, did stop for a few if I saw something that needed a little more attention, but on this road on a Friday afternoon after you pass the slow vehicles and take the lead, you’d like to keep it...now that’s a lame excuse for not getting better pictures, but remember, a little hazy from the sun and heading south right in to it. Got to see more of the ice field and noticed a number of other glaciers that I had missed last time thru that did try to capture those. After passing the ice fields finally came to a crossing, a place for gas and although I do have that gas can and if pushed it should be able to make Banff without a stop, decided because of some of the construction I hit along the way shouldn’t take any chances that made that turn around for gas…good thing that I did too because there was plenty of construction still to come and ok, I know I can shut off the bike and conserve the gas, but what was suppose to be a quick trip to Banff and Calgary is going to take longer than I thought, but at least not as long as the guy who lost his load. Not sure what happened or when it happened and whether the truck driver was ok or not, but I’m glad I wasn’t around to see it happen, don’t want to be close to something like that on a bike.

Made my way to Banff and figured I have to make a stop at the Rose and Crown Pub to see if Tanya is still working and grab a bite to eat and sure enough she was with a friend, Vivitskaia a beautiful Russian name and you can see Tanya was surprised to see me. Although she had a problem with me taking her picture last time cuz she though I’d put her head on a different body and put it out there…she hadn’t checked it out yet that had to give her another card so she can see my pictures are legit – and like I told her, there’d be no need to put her face on a different body, she already had it together. Oh, and did mention how she is one of those dwindling breed, the true blonde….ok, something I heard from someone not to long ago. Had a great burger and like I’ve mentioned before, Banff is definitely a place I want to come and visit again, actually both that and Jasper because they are both fun and different in their own way.

Back to the highway for that 130 klik drive to Calgary and you can see that most of it when you leave the Rockies are the prairie. Not a bad drive today and the temps keep going up that I finally get to shed some of the leather and enjoy the ride. Did have to make a stop for gas and this one almost turned out to be my last. Made my way on the road around the off ramp and had a little drive to the service road that was going along the speed I should be when a pickup coming off another ramp decided not to yield to me and come into my lane…hit the brakes only to find myself into a slide, but fortunate enough that there was enough room between me and the wall of the median to make my way thru – I can’t tell you how that gets your blood pumping and I don’t think the pickup even saw me until they heard my squeal past them…come on people, watch out for bikes and if you have a yield sign, pay special attention. Anyway was pretty fortunate and a good thing getting gas cuz it let me settle down a bit before getting back on the highway for what is just a short jaunt to Calgary.

Did just that, made the short jaunt on the highway to Calgary and I remember where I’m going around here that brought me to where this blog all started, James Joyce with Joe and Jody to party with and Braden taking good care of us. You can see some of the other crew that was working and hadn’t been in the pictures my last visit, that is except for Chassity and you can see she’s very photogenic and does like her picture taken, just like Braden, pictures of him and his Harem…no, not Desmond. Well, before having too many to drink have to get my bike to Joe and Braden’s that he gave me the keys to the apartment so I could go and get unpacked and cleaned up which is just what I did…ok, still have the hair from Alaska, but we’ll see how long that lasts. Made my way back downtown and got some great pictures of the downtown walking from the apartment just across the river that tonight is gonna be a fun night and you can see from some of the pictures am having a blast and if you remember, with a lot of the same people I met last time in town…it is something when a hot Canadian chick remembers your name when you show up almost a month later – makes me feel special. Oh, yea, Monday is Teanna’s birthday, remember Bre’s sister that a number of people are at Palomino for a few drinks…happy birthday Teanna. Did meet a couple guys from Britain too who are now living in Calgary working as cops and I’m sure glad I did, cuz look what they took care of, my parking ticket from my last visit. From a parking cop that like they said, just tear it up that ok, instead of me doing it, how’bout you to make it legit…so me, no parking ticket and just have to make sure I don’t get another. More people to party with and the group Joe was with, Craig and Johnny, they were celebrating Craig’s return from Afghanistan…sure a lot of different parties going on that I’m just here for the ride…and a pretty cool picture of the full moon next to the Calgary tower. Tomorrow another day and laundry to do, but another weekend night that let’s see what we can scare up then…shall we? Calgary thru the Jasper Banff park pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home