Monday, September 11, 2006

Calgary Alberta, Sept 9th

Calgary Albert, yep still Canada and today was about sleeping in and getting some rest I’ve lost along the way as well as getting laundry done for the trek home…almost out of clean underwear that either I wash or go without and without has definitely crossed my mind a few times – I’m sure just what you wanted to hear. Last night was a late night like every night in Calgary has become, but am having a blast that tonight will probably be the same and after finding out it might only take me one day home from Winnipeg, may just spend another night in this fun town. It turned out to be a beautiful day and although I was searching for someone to take riding, forgot about the helmet law that didn’t do any riding for the day, just laundry, repacking the bag, cleaning myself up, which took some time and fixing my chaps which keep loosing snaps along the way. Hell, for the way they are flapping in the wind, I’d bust a snap or two myself.

Joe and I met up with Phil, Braden and Sharl’s at the Catch, a very good seafood place in town and before I forget, most of these places I’ve visited along the way are all in the vicinity of James Joyce, where my fun in Calgary started last time thru. That is except for some of the clubs that we’ve visited which are on 17th ave and you take a taxi there and have nothing but bars to hit along the way…not the kind of place I think someone could do the entire street in a pub crawl, but it’d be worth a try. Because Braden knows all of the general managers of the bars around James Joyce, we get some great perks at all the places and get to whoop it up a little more. Ok, so theirs another one of those big lobsters here, remember the one I saw in Boston? well, this one tips the scales at 15 pounds and although I marked it for dinner, not one that they’ll sell. They only have the guy for display purposes and like Josh said, for as old as this guy is and how big, the meat wouldn’t be as good as a smaller lobster…again, something I remember learning in Maine when I had my first Maine lobster. Well, we ventured around the mall area hitting some of the other bars around James Joyce and although we wanted another one of those Mehito’s no luck because the Congo room was having a private wedding party…oh, well, still caught Sunday and Jen, sorry I missed Carry’s picture in their wedding best that they are still a couple of the hottest bartenders I’ve seen around these parts and trust me, there are a lot of them – haut Canadian women.

Ok, I did the Saltlick in Texas that have to try one of Calgary’s best steakhouses out, the Saltlik…same name, but different spelling and when I looked back at my pictures to see how the one in Texas was spelled, just had to say, holy shit…what a trip this has been and that was way back in May, longer ago than I realized, at this point all I can say is, man what an unbelievable ride. Oh and the other thing is although I didn’t do any riding today, the song in my head was something about ‘life is a highway and I’m gonna ride it all night long’…yep, another one of those country songs since I’ve turned country. Well, had some great company at the Saltlik with Braden, his roommate Joe and their buddy Jody and his girlfriend Zoe that I’m looking for one of those good pieces of Alberta beef that Stacy made a couple of recommendations…ok, the boyz are suggesting the CAB steak, but I love my Rib eye that I’ll try one of them. What a great meal and had even more fun with the company that although a number of us felt like a nap after a meal like that, time to hit the town. Before I forget, not sure if I mentioned it the last time thru Calgary, but all of the places we go, the bathrooms are downstairs. Had to capture what the downstairs of the Saltlik looked like and what a place to have a party and although I captured the urinals in the men’s bathroom, missed a picture of the thrown and probably should’ve thrown in a Queens thrown while I was at it.

Well, how about this, not going to write much about what else happened last night since some of it may be a blur, but tried to capture most of the places we visited and the one thing that holds true with every place we visited, these Canadian women are haut and like Joe put it, they don’t have hang-ups like some but are also pretty intuitive. All they are looking for is a guy that is up front and honest with them and he can already tell that I fit the bill…hey nothing to hide and man it definitely helps having a wingman that tonight is all about having fun. Ok, can see some of the places we visited and one of the last places we were at hooked up with Jennifer…hey, another day that met 2 with the same name, Jen from the Congo room and Jennifer in Whiskey’s. Oh and had to ask the boyz what the Rye’s they’re ordering are….their slang for Canadian Whiskey. Tomorrow a new day that lets see whether I ride east or spend another night partying in Calgary….what a blast it’s been so far. Party Pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home