Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sturgis SD, Aug 7th

Went to the pay showers and they are a pretty nice setup. So the shower cost $5 for a 5 minute shower and there’s plenty of room for two that that’s the way to do it. I’ll scrub your back, if you’ll scrub mine. Ok, so maybe 5 minutes isn’t much time but for washing two bodies, it’s plenty of time.

Today was the Devils Tower to Sundance loop and earlier than no Panty Wednesday at Huelett, remember today’s Monday, but might get back there Wednesday for that and the burnouts at Sundance, but we’ll have to see whether we want to deal with the traffic or not. Only one road in and out of Huelett that a lot of people stay away and it’s not like the day of old when there weren’t any cops around that the no panty show fit. Well, on the way made a usual stop at the Belle Inn for some good grub and they do serve breakfast all day which is a good thing since we got a late start. Had a great breakfast and the waitress was having fun playing with us…hell, we were having fun playing with her too, but eventually we’ll have to hit the road.

One of the places Greg and Tom mentioned they wanted to stop at was the bar without windows and sure enough, right along the way, the Old Stone Saloon and hey, they have ice cold beer. Not for me thanks, but you can see all the writing on the wall that I had to leave my mark and next year when I return hopefully it’ll still be there. Don’t remember whether I left on last year or not, but if so, oh well, it’s just a memory that I wasn’t gonna search for. You can see the group out for today’s ride and on to Huelett we go. Oh, almost forgot, have to make a stop at Aladdin, the oldest general store in Wyoming and you can see all the antiques they have around, most for sale too for anyone interested. Ok, now we made it to Huelett and since it’s not Wednesday, remember no panty Wednesday not a lot going on that just needed to quench the thirst since today is another hot one.

Made it to Devils tower which is quite the site and you can read up on it from the pictures I took. I’m not going to go into a lot on it since I heard it last year, one of my first trips to the base and have to get caught up on my blogs that just not a lot to write about it. The pictures and seeing it are the thing to do, so I’ll leave the pictures for your viewing. From there we wanted to get to Sturgis to do some shopping before the day was done so bogeyed our way straight there. Did get some of the scenery along the way, but was bogeying that speed was a factor. Made it to One Eyed Jacks which is the usual meeting spot and eventually I was in search of getting my sunglasses replace. Maybe I haven’t told you, but the clear coat on these new panoptx which I got in Myrtle Beach aren’t holding up too well that I want to see about getting them replace, for $200 glasses, they should last better than 90 some days on the road. Well, found Steve and maybe you don’t remember him since I didn’t get the picture, but he was the one who sold me these glasses in Myrtle Beach some 90 days ago. Well, he remembered me and when I gave him a card and told him I’ve been on the road since, he gave me a brand new pair and’ll take care of sending the others in under warranty. Now that was a hell of a lot easier than having to send them in myself after my travels and all I have to make sure I do from this point on is clean them on a regular basis. Sounds as though the sunscreen I’m using is reacting with the clear coat causing it to peel, but for $200 glasses, good thing they’re covered under warranty.

Hey, maybe most of you don’t remember, but than again didn’t have a camera with me last year, but Lisa and Jessica are back at One Eyed Jacks. Both from Daytona here for bike week and I hope I was still tipping you as well as last year, cuz hell, you both deserve it. Can you believe Lisa’s had two kids already…man, if I had a wife that looks like that after having kids, I’ll be a lucky man – hell, just having a wife like that’ll make me a lucky man.

Got to see some George Thorogood and this being my ten year anniversary, well, you probably don’t know the story, but I saw them in concert the first year I was here, in Sturgis that is. Went with Kim and Kirk, remember the ones from Austin Texas? Well, met them the first year out here and they were going to his concert in Rapid City that they invited us along…it was a great concert than and 10 years later, he still puts on a great concert. Man the first one seems like so long ago, boy how time flies and how much can happen and change in no time.

Montgomery Gentry was the main act so had to see their concert since I’ve turned country, ok, just a little country, but wish I would’ve had Tom’s encounter this after noon riding in to the campground with Gentry. Tom said to the guy, nice bike before he realized who it was and talked to him for a little bit, but didn’t have a camera along to take a picture, yep, if it would’ve been me, you’d have the picture, but all I can give you is whatever turns out from the concert itself. Ya gotta like the guy though for riding in instead of by helicopter like some acts come in on. More party central and the Nipple-O-Meter, but like someone said earlier in the week, once you’ve seen one pair of titties you want to see them all and, still haven’t seen any action at the campsite with my favorite sign…maybe that sign should be at our site. Ride and concert pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home