Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sturgis SD, Aug 8th

Another day of riding and today was the day for me to do like I have been all over the country…ride the road myself. Started the day out late, like usual but around here when the parties are going until 5:00 in the morning, you’ll get a couple hours of sleep before going. Took another one of those $5 showers and boy how much fun it is sharing – ok, maybe in my dreams.

Did the spearfish Canyon run which is always a beautiful ride and because of where I am this year, north in Sturgis, ran it the best way to run it, from the north south. One thing you learn after being here for so many years is which is the best way to run a road, cuz I know, have run them every which way…but loose – well, let’s think about that one. Bruce was saying how much he enjoys riding the roads around here and like I told him, now next time you have to run them the opposite way to see what you think. Each of us get to choose our favorite and I can tell you mine some day…I suppose if I were to write a book about the best way to travel a road – but like I’ve said so many times, on bike is the only way to travel.

Another day with rain in the area, but we were fortunate to miss it. Ok, so haven’t necessarily talked about it all week, but haven’t been able to see all of the concerts because of rain, but hell, I’d rather sit at the campsite listening to the music under the big top, ya know that big yellow tent, staying dry than riding thru the rain, that is around here. Hey, sounds like rain coming, but tonight, that’s ok cuz the concerts are done and they were great.

Had to stop at Lewie’s again for lunch and hey, when you have the bartender at Savoy saying the best hamburgers around is Lewies, I can handle that. from there is where I got to ride myself because once we got to deadwood, the rest were heading back to Sturgis, while I was heading the Nemo route to Rapid City. What a beautiful ride and on my own don’t have to worry about the slow riders and trying to pass them as a group cuz on my own, I can pass whenever I get a chance and don’t have to worry whether the rest can or not. Well, made pretty good time and that wasn’t pushing it too much that started heading back to Sturgis to meet the group and hopefully Paul’s group at One eyed Jack’s…well, guess what, I hooked up with Paul on the freeway. Was running it hard and saw a group of bikers from Minnesota that I was passing and guess what…you got it, one of them was Paul, so it was his group. Well, I slowed down so we could discuss where to meet and such in Sturgis and that was still doing 75 mph down the freeway running side by side. Made it to downtown Sturgis and had to buy my clown shirt…ok, that’s a story itself that maybe I should share, but not sure now is the time. Well, headed to one eyed and tried finding Greg, Pat, Mark and Matt, but no luck so sat around waiting for Paul and Matt and watched the body shots, almost forgot about those, Paul and Matt eventually did show up and even got to meet Paul’s brother Steve…hey, I might also have a bed to sleep in tomorrow night cuz the place their staying might have an opening…now how cool would that be. After a few and because there are concerts I want to see tonight, the group, Paul and Matt said the roads heading to buffalo chip were pretty bad that’ll probably take me 45 minutes to get back, so started heading that way. Hey, I’m getting really good at these back roads and something I learned years ago, although the main drag is full of bike parking, it’s probably the quickest way to run from one end of town than the other since it’s only bikes and stops. Did make it in less than 45 minutes and sorry I was just interrupted because the shaker is shaking…stories, boy they all happen at Buffalo Chip.

Once back it was time for dinner and there is still plenty of food to eat up that tonight it was steak and potatoes. Was missing part of the group, but for those of us here and with Chef Greg cooking, remember him from Tom’s pool party, was a pretty good meal. Tonight was about the concert and remember how I’m now into country that really looking forward to seeing Gretchen Wilson and what a show. Not only is she hot, but she knows how to sing and hopefully before the nights over, she’ll be here for the best post concert party around. Ok, so I haven’t been able to share too many party pictures, but trust me, we’re having a great time. So it took until her encore to sing her big hit, Red Neck Woman, but here is my take, for all those women that consider themselves redneck women or at least wantabe’s they’re the high maintenance women saying that…hell, from what I saw with the country women at the concert, not the biker types, and for the country women I know, again not the biker types, they’re definitely more high maintenance than a real red necked chick, but than again, they’re hot that who cares how high maintenance they might be…and there were plenty to choose from tonight.

Here the storm coming, but that was after Lynyrd Skynyrd and where back to party central. Both concerts were great and it didn’t take long at all for the women to get up on the shoulders of there man and start flashing it, oh yea, that’s what this party is all about. All I could think while watching these concerts here is how there is so much to do in Sturgis and you have to experience every which way but loose, and this week has definitely been loose. Tomorrow we pack the trailer so tom Bruce and Janice can head back and for me, gotta rearrange what I need for Alaska and what can go home with tom. Hey, checkout the pictures of the moon…almost full, but not until tomorrow so look for me in the moon baby…you know the one, every party with the devil in the pale of the moonlight? that’ll be me. Stormy pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home