Monday, September 11, 2006

Saskatoon Saskatchewan, Sept 10th

Saskatoon Saskatchewan and I’ve made another one of the Canadian provinces, that only four more to go, but sorry, not on this trip. Had I known I’d be going thru Canada heading East hitting most of the provinces may have visited those furthest east, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland, but that’ll be for another day. Said my goodbye to Calgary which was hard to do because why leave a place that I’m having so much fun at and has some of Canadians hautest, but eventually have to get home for the Tomahawk bike rally and my bday weekend, for those who needed to be reminded. My ‘goodbye’ to Calgary is not a ‘goodbye, forever’, but just a ‘goodbye for now’ that will definitely be back to visit Joe and Braden who have been lifesaver for my travel to and from Alaska. Can’t thank you two enough and you definitely need to make it to the cities so I can show you a good time and return the favor…ok, may not be able to match the women Canada has, but there are many from the states worth checking out.

Started heading east and the further you get away from the Rockies, it becomes nothing but prairie and the difference between here and the states prairies, am surrounded by nothing but gold…gold wheat fields that can see why this is called ‘Wheatland’. Check it out, did find Canada’s version of the Badland’s, you know American’s version, the ones I see every year when visiting Sturgis, but these are much smaller than what South Dakota has to offer. They do have dinosaur bones like South Dakota on display at their museum that I didn’t visit, but one thing they have over South Dakota, the world’s largest dinosaur and this one you can climb up to his mouth and take pictures of the badlands. Well, ok, more pictures of Drumheller, but it was worth the 3$ to see Canada’s badlands. Once out of the badlands more wheat fields to see that once I cross that Province border, Alberta to Saskatchewan, the sceneries definitely going to change, right? well not around here because am finding that most of the midland of Canada is prairie wheat fields, but with the wind behind me not such a bad ride.

Ok, you know I planned on returning that gas can to Joe who told me to take it with, but hey, not on the Alaskan highway anymore that I won’t need it and will have other things I have to worry about packing that left it at their apartment…well, eventually I wished I would’ve had it with me because I’m running on fumes and although saw a lot of signs for towns along the way, not many of them have gas that eventually ran out. Did pass a truck with a pump in the back and pointed to my gas tank asking if they had gas which the lady signaled yes, that I’ll just stay in front of her so if I don’t make it, maybe you can pull over and help me out. Well, that’s almost what happened because 1 klik from the gas station I ran out that I thought for sure when pulling over she’d help me out, but what the hell, she kept going that I have 1 klik to get the bike for food. Did eventually get it started that it put me within half a klik that ok, can push it from here on that only have a couple of blocks to go and although it wasn’t downhill, can push when I have to. Ok, that lasted as long as I could keep the bike upright before it got out of hand and went down. Ok, only have a block to go that a couple of kids stopped to help me pickup the bike that maybe if I hang on, they can drag me the block I have to go…maybe not that ok just get a gas can and walk back the block I had to go to get the bike to the gas station…now why is it they tell you to worry about gas along the Alaskan highway and I’ve had more problems elsewhere that maybe I should start carrying a juicer of gas all over?

Well, got into Saskatoon later than I had hoped, but because of the late start, deal with it. Stopped at an Ale house cuz I’m sure they’ll be able to help me out that pointed me to the cheapest hotel in town…ok., probably more like a motel cuz this place is a dive, but hey, have a bed and shower…I mean bath, so I’m good to go. All of the rooms with showers were taken that I have to settle on a bath, but it won’t be anything like the one I had to work for in Dawson City, remember the one? that hopefully they have hot water in the morning. This put me right next door to the happening place tonight, Pat’s that’ll catch something to eat quick at Joe’s where Trevor, Carla, Min, Krista and Brenden took good care of me…thanks Min for buying me dinner – it was great and hey check it out, remember how Braden’s name is spelled differently with an ‘E’, well Brenden is the same, unique with the ‘E’. Ok, time to enjoy Industry night, one that I missed in Calgary where all the people that work in the service business get to enjoy, but am going to have a blast with Maggie and Mark taking care of me and a Canadian Mounty checking me out…apparently a guy sitting in the corner working on a laptop freaks some people out that this ain’t gonna last much longer. Hey Joe., do you recognize Mike cuz he knows you from the same hometown, Yorkton which I’ll probably be thru tomorrow…what a small world, leave Calgary only to meet someone who knows who I stayed with in Calgary. Tonight is gonna be a hell of a party with these shots Maggie is feeding me…just what a need, more of that 150 proof that I feel like I’m being Hyderized again. Tomorrow, let’s see where I end up and without having an internet connection the last three days might all be loaded the same day that you’ll know where I ended up sooner than later. Canadian Badlands and Prairie Pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home