Sunday, June 25, 2023

June 23 2023 Day Twenty One

June 23 – Larkspur CA – Day 21

 

 

Today was a day for relaxation normally after a day’s ride. I had a comfortable sleep last night and it was a good thing the bed had a comforter on it, because it was still cold, and I needed the cuddle to keep me warm. Dennis was busy at work and since I had just seen the Winchester Mystery house the day before, noticed there was a movie about the place that after writing a story for yesterday I thought that would be a good thing to watch. I did spend the morning taking care of some business, but not much going on with ‘business’ since I am on vacation.

 

What an interesting movie and maybe the story is s little far-fetched from what I saw at the mystery house, but there were scenes that reminded me of the small steps for a lady who was just over 4 foot and had arthritis so had problem climbing stairs. The morning and part of the afternoon went quick and soon it was time for happy hour and early one that Dennis and Amy had a house they wanted to show me on the way to the arena. A pretty old house in Mill Valley and it’s one of the few homes in California that actually has a basement. A walkout basement which had an awesome view of downtown San Francisco and an old house that will take a bit of work to fix up. Quite the place to fix up, but with the kind of view of the bay, definitely a nice location to live.

 

From there it was on to the local marina that Dennis and Amy are members to and it eventually turned into a nice day after all. Maybe still a little chilly, but once in the sun it felt pretty good with the warmth of the sun. Dennis did buy me a long sleeve shirt for the rest of my vacation, thanks much and he must’ve picked up on my comment when I did get there and told him I had only packed on long sleeve shirt for the trip because I didn’t think I’d need one on this trip. Ok, I did pack 2 jackets, but I have yet to wear my light riding jacket and should’ve stuck to one jacket, the leather for the trip. Oh well, maybe I’ll still get some use out of after all on this trip.

 

It was a great happy hour, and we noticed a capsized sailboat in the bay that a couple of kids were working on to get upright. They did manage and there was what appeared to be a lifeboat helping them that once they were docked, I figured I had to ask them if it was a training exercise or not which they said no, they just capsized. It was a different kind of boat too that was easier to get upright than other small sailboats I’ve seen,

 

Tonight, Dennis and Amy have made dinner plans at a fancy Italian restaurant with some friends, that it’ll be a good night of eating and having a few more cocktails. The restaurant was in San Rafael just up the road a little way and after finding a parking ramp behind the restaurant and parking, I put a couple of bucks into the meter to pay for a few hours only to find out that parking after 6 was free. I guess it pays to look at signs a little closer. Once seated their friends showed up, Brendon and Suzanne Dolan and for some reason that name was familiar to me. Well as it would happen to be, Dolan is the last name of one of my curling skips and his brother Steve who is in Seattle is who I will be staying with when I do get to Seattle. No relation to Brendon, but what a small world where I’m meeting others with familiar names and old history to share. Brendon was talking about his trips to Ireland and his heritage and how there are a lot of Dolan’s in Ireland. We have a great meal, and it was great visiting with some of Dennis and Amy’s friends while I’m traveling thru. 

 

Ok, tomorrow it’s on to Portland and I can’t decide whether to take an 11-hour trip and go thru Crater lake or just stick to the faster 9 hour trip by speedway. Stay tune and see what tomorrow brings,  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home