Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Calgary, Aug 13th

Got a late start yesterday after the night we had Saturday, but it was well worth it. Did get caught up on my blogs, the Sturgis ones I wrote at Melrose since someone in this building has a wireless link so the little bit of the morning still left was worth getting that done. Decided to stay in town another night since Braden and Joe told me I could stay as long as I needed and when they mentioned laundry last night as well as Sheena not being able to make it out so still owe her a ride, staying is definitely the thing to do. Did forget to mention yesterday that the other thing Braden insisted on was not only for me staying at there place for the weekend, but he changed the linens on his bed and insisted I sleep there since I could probably use a good nights sleep with all the traveling I’ve been doing and he’d sleep on the couch…no not a pullout, but there’s more to the story and that’s for the book version.

Did get my laundry done which I was very happy to get out of the way since I was trying to figure out where and when I might do it before getting to Alaska and thanks Braden for folding my cloths and not touching my underwear, I really appreciated it, but you didn’t have to go there. Well, heard that there was a taste of Calgary going on, but since we got up late and the day was flying by, I still had a bike ride to give someone, Sheena so figured I better call her and see if she was still interested…’for sure’ was the answer so got directions and can head to pick her up. Wait, ran into the same problem I had in Washington DC where I wanted to give Mary Ellen a ride, but couldn’t since I couldn’t find a helmet and Canada’s helmet law is probably as strict, I found out their parking laws are yesterday. I’ll need one before anyone else can ride with me and what’dya know, Joe has an old one that he uses for Halloween and ok, the lining is falling apart and isn’t something that anyone would want to put on their head, but if we rip out the lining, give it a bit of a wash and wear a bandana, it’ll work for someone. Great, I’m in business so made my way to pick up Sheena and found out not only was it her first ride on a Harley, but her first ride on a bike which might explain why she was so squirrelly on the back. Had to tell her a number of times to just hang on and quite moving around so much and was even worried about her falling off a few times, but with a little bit of practice, maybe she’ll get the hang of it. Not sure whether her boyfriend has one or not, remember the boyfriend she had to tell me about right away yesterday and found out that she got here plane ticket to fly out and move in with him Tuesday already…she doesn’t think her brother’ll be too happy with that, but that a girl – sometimes you’ve gotta go for what you want.

And thanks Sheena, I’ve really enjoyed talking with you and it’s quite the compliment when a chick half your age considers you haut, especially when I’m old enough to be her father which we found out I might as well be. Joe was cooking up fish for dinner tonight so figured I should stop and get some beer for him and Braden. Well, in the liquor stores around here, they check the ids of everyone in the party even vehicles for that matter. The guy in front of me couldn’t buy what he needed unless the rest of the people in his vehicle came in and showed their ids and in my situation, she asked Sheena for her id to which I said the beer was for me and she said, sorry, is she your daughter? Don’t think Sheena was too happy about that, but me, doesn’t bother me none, remember the compliment. Made it back to the apartment and the fish was awesome, great job Joe. Checked out the map with Braden on a suggested route for me to take to Alaska and eventually had to get Sheena home before it started getting dark out since I’m not that familiar with the area and might go out for some with Braden tonight…Joe is the only one that has to work early in the morning that he’s gonna call it a night instead of going out, but tonight is industry night, the night most of the bartenders and waitresses go out and party so just might have to join him. Got Sheena home and she was still pretty squirrelly, but as long as she didn’t fall off, I was happy. She asked if she could have another ride tomorrow, but sorry, got hit the road and see what the rest of Canada has to offer. Ok, I’ve been saying all along how hard it is being by myself out on the town, but tonight found out just how much a wing man makes a difference. Hey, that’s for the book version and ‘for the rest of the story’…thanks Paul, Harvey that is. Tomorrow, more of Canada to see, cuz although it’s tempting to stay another night, Alaska is calling. The few pics with tomorrows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home