Thursday, May 18, 2006

Tifton, Georgia

Today’s travel brought me here, Tifton, Georgia. Ok, I know I thought the same thing, why would anyone go to Tifton GA. Well, besides being known as the ‘Friendly City’ and having a Harley dealership, this is home to my old high school sweetheart, Debra Lee. Yep, to me that’s definitely worth a visit and thanks Debra Lee for dinner and putting me up for the night, it’s always a pleasure visiting and catching up on old times with you.

From Savannah a stop at the Harley shop for a scenic route to Tifton was in order so they sent me down the coastal hwy. You can see from the pictures there’s not much if any coast to see, but I did see where you could easily hit a tree right on the road and if you look close, the shoes hanging on the phone line…reminded me of that town in the movie ‘Big Fish’, was I coming upon the same thing?

On my way to Brunswick I noticed a sign for King George’s Fort so thought it’d be worth a visit, boy am I glad I spent the $5 on that. Well, for the way things turned out, it was probably a good thing. Once I got back on the road, it was closed because of a fatality accident which had happened about half an hour earlier – hey, that’s about how long I took at the fort, so ya never know, someone might’ve been watching out for me.

Once thru Brunswick and over a bridge which has been a common theme from the Midwest, the large double suspension bridges; it was time for a stop at Jekyll Island for lunch. I had a great lunch at Blackbeard’s and thank you Anita and Tracie for the interest in my travels, welcome along for the ride. From there nothing but bush along the way to Tifton, but I had to make a stop at the Harley shop to get my bike fixed. Good thing that I did too cuz Joe made sure I got the parts I needed and the owner Doug made sure I was well taken care of and covered under warranty. What a small world, but Doug knew about Chippewa falls, Leinenkugel’s beer, Eagan and curling, hell, he grew up in Duluth. Time to head south James, to the gulf. Tifton pics.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dale, you better slather up your nose with more sunblock!

John

5/18/2006 7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So was that Debbie in the last picture? I think it was, but not positive.

5/19/2006 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home