Monday, September 18, 2006

Tomahawk Wisconsin, Sept 14th

The beginning to the end, the Tomahawk fall ride and I have the friends from Wausau to meet up with before heading north that I have to get East pretty quick. Took a road much traveled since living in the city that it’s great that it’s freeway most of the way that I can pump it up a little and doesn’t take as long as it did years ago. Didn’t get a very good picture of me entering Wisconsin, but it’s there and saw some Buffalo as well as the rest of God’s country along the way and being on freeway means, sharing it with the big rigs…close enough to touch, that I’d hate to see a tire blow for being so close. Made a stop at the Chippewa Falls Harley shop where I bought the bike to see if they had some latches for my side bags since the springs have already broke and I think the guy in service was a little surprise. He asked what year the bike was and I told him an ‘06’ that when he checked the miles and saw over 36,000 asked, what year did you say it was? Ok, got it in April and have been on it every sense that I’m getting my use out of it. Well, they weren’t able to help me out with the latches that can just check with something closer to home since they will be covered under warranty…still wish Harley would cover the oil, filters, brake pads and tires, but I’ll have to see whether I can work that.

Made my way further east and that means passing my home town of Colby Wisconsin hat as long as I’m going by, should really stop to see my parents. Got a picture of the football field and track where all of my records were recorded, many of them still standing that now you know where the nickname ‘Star’ came from…some day, maybe I’ll tell you the rest of the story. Made my way to the house I spent much of my childhood in, I think since 6th grade, if not sooner that mom had some great homemade apple pie and ice cream waiting for me. Ok, I really wanted to spend a night so I could relax since I’ve been on the road for so long, but they told me to move on because I still have more riding to do. Great, can’t even move back home, but at my age and in a small town, might not be the wisest thing for me to do…remember, there’s a lot more world out there for me to see. I’ll tell you, it’s great having the kind of support I have from my parents and I have to thank them for beginning this journey of mine which started 45 years ago, this Saturday…you know what that means, someone’s birthday?

Ok, have to get to Wausau before the crew heads north that Chris tells me I should go to the 45 parallel of Latitude, you know the one, remember the sign from Yellowstone? yep, same Latitude that it should be really easy to find. Well, I do know how to follow directions and did find the road that said Geological marker and which way to go that I was really surprised that I couldn’t find the thing. Chris said it was a paved road, but after going a few miles still didn’t see the marker that stopped and asked someone pulled over by the side of the road where the marker was, that they weren’t sure, but thought it was half a mile up the road. Well, after a couple of miles still couldn’t find it that today wasn’t the day for me to find it that have to book to Wausau to make my scheduled appointment to ride with the boyz north, which is just what I did…what a rush hitting 80 miles an hour on the side country roads. Hey, check out the cabin we get to stay in this weekend, Dale and Sandy’s place, that I wish my house was as nice and had such a great view that this is really gonna make this weekends bike rally a fun event. Hey, checkout what’s going on at Sara Park, a bike rally and got a picture of the boyz since tonight is boyz weekend. And you can see my picture in the oversize Leinenkugel’s chair that mark my word, before the weekend is over, I’m gonna have my picture taken in that chair with a few hot babes.

Had to make a stop at Besse’s Clear Water Resort to see Brenda, Sue and Robin and I can see why these guys make a number of trips north from Wausau just to have a few drinks and eat, with that kind of scenery, I’d be making a trip like that myself. More pictures of the cabin that some of us wish were home, but for the weekend, can’t be happier. Hey, check it out, they stuck me in the biggest bed in the place…I guess they think I have the most potential of filling it before the weekends over - I like their kinda thinking. Check out Chris and his nightwear, dressing as a troll that you can see why he’s here by himself this weekend…can you blame her? More rally to come and I already know I don’t want it to end. Minnesota to Tomahawk Pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home